Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom MP3 as a Voicemail Message Greeting?

Tip us?

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Custom MP3 as a Voicemail Message Greeting?

Hi Guys,

I am using a Visual Voice-mail app on my S4 but I need to send a professional pre-recorded voice mail greeting, directly to the app.

The app will 'only' either record from the built in mic or from an external earplug / mic, neither of which are any use to me.

Does anyone have any idea how I could 'send' it directly to the app, for instance is there another app out there that would emulate the internal mic, i.e. trick the phone into thinking it was recording from the mic when it was actually being fed a voice file..??

Cheers for any ideas or help.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat888 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am using a Visual Voice-mail app on my S4 but I need to send a professional pre-recorded voice mail greeting, directly to the app.

The app will 'only' either record from the built in mic or from an external earplug / mic, neither of which are any use to me.

Does anyone have any idea how I could 'send' it directly to the app, for instance is there another app out there that would emulate the internal mic, i.e. trick the phone into thinking it was recording from the mic when it was actually being fed a voice file..??

Cheers for any ideas or help.
Tried this many years ago with my voice recording PIM... you'd need a male-male 3.5mm jack cable and another player. Just connect this player as external microphone, but be careful with volume to not burn the input...
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
Tried this many years ago with my voice recording PIM... you'd need a male-male 3.5mm jack cable and another player. Just connect this player as external microphone, but be careful with volume to not burn the input...
Hi, tried that with a TRRS jack but couldn't get it to register as a mic, only as earphones..??

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat888 View Post
Hi, tried that with a TRRS jack but couldn't get it to register as a mic, only as earphones..??
presumably you'd need 4-pin jacks on both sides, and "player only" device. Otherwise, phone may recognize it exactly as it happened.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
presumably you'd need 4-pin jacks on both sides, and "player only" device. Otherwise, phone may recognize it exactly as it happened.
Ok, I'll give that a go...