Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protector

Tip us?

adambig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen protector

Any idea if screen protectors for the original Z tablet are going to fit on the Z2?

elbello
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Default Go with Tempered Glass Protector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambig View Post
Any idea if screen protectors for the original Z tablet are going to fit on the Z2?
I personally bought this from ebay: H1 Ultra Thin Clear Tempered Glass Film Protector F Sony Xperia Z2 10.1" Tablet

I have put it on my z2 and it looks great and I have the extra protection.
I actually didnt think these tempered glass were really what they say they are, but this weekend, my phone, z1s fell and had a crack on the screen. I was so upset! But when I inspected it closer, I noticed the crack was on the tempered glass I have on it!!!! so it really did work and absorb the break. So that $10 glass saved me a bunch of money!!

So if you dont have one, think about getting one. Well worth the $15 you pay for.
Phone: Sony Xperia Z1s
Tablet: Sony Xperia Z2

Don't forget the Thanks button!

LitoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambig View Post
screen protectors for Xperia Z tablet works on Xperia Z2 tablet, im using it on mine atm. it fits perfectly if youre still wondering .

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z2

Is your Xperia having issues? Try repairing it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting.
Remember to back up your data before proceeding and do internal wipes [factory reset under settings] as well.

Use the latest FlashTool to flash FTF files if PCC and SUS fails to recognize/repair your Xperia.
Full tutorial on how to use FlashTool.

< Please hit the Thanks Button if I helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to LitoNi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wintermute000
Old
Thanks Meter 148
anyone got any suggestions for matte ones?

I bought an ebay cheapie. It works re: anti glare and has actually really helped the fingerprint magnet factor / made the surface 'slide' better, but it has a weird polarising effect that's clearly visible as a sort of strange colour/pattern overlay, so on the fence about whether it was the right move or not...

On the first Sony Tablet S there was an official screen protector that had all the anti glare properties but didn't show a funny pattern, I'm looking for basically that effect.