Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Can't seem to successfully flash any Rom's

OP Radiohead84

31st May 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hey guys. A few months ago a brought this issue up on another site and I think I only got one response. I ended up getting lazy with it and too frustrated to worry about it, so I gave up. Well, I'm finally ready to try and resolve it again so I wanted to see if anyone here could help me before I screw something up and brick my device lol. I have a Retail Verizon HTC One (M7) that was purchased about 3 months ago. After I bought it, I Rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, installed TWRP, all that good stuff. Everything, from what I can remember, went smoothly when doing all those things. Well, I finally at one point, decided to test out a Rom and have not been able to successfully install one yet and I have no idea why. I have tried a few and TWRP always returns a "Failed". The most recent one I tried was the ViperOne 6.2.0 (May 11). The only exception for that one, was that the aroma installer actually did say "Successful" but when I booted up I was stuck in a boot loop. I'm sure I've done something along the way that has screwed something up but I have no clue what that would have been. I'm attaching a few pictures with some info on my current setup, in hopes that something might catch someone's eye and offer a solution. Thanks a head of time for any help guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-41.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	2772441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-51.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	2772442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140530_235716551_HDR.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	2772443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140530_234108432.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	2772444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140531_240020905.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	2772447  
31st May 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #2  
carm01's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ohio - land of the boring
Thanks Meter: 159
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead84

Hey guys. A few months ago a brought this issue up on another site and I think I only got one response. I ended up getting lazy with it and too frustrated to worry about it, so I gave up. Well, I'm finally ready to try and resolve it again so I wanted to see if anyone here could help me before I screw something up and brick my device lol. I have a Retail Verizon HTC One (M7) that was purchased about 3 months ago. After I bought it, I Rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, installed TWRP, all that good stuff. Everything, from what I can remember, went smoothly when doing all those things. Well, I finally at one point, decided to test out a Rom and have not been able to successfully install one yet and I have no idea why. I have tried a few and TWRP always returns a "Failed". The most recent one I tried was the ViperOne 6.2.0 (May 11). The only exception for that one, was that the aroma installer actually did say "Successful" but when I booted up I was stuck in a boot loop. I'm sure I've done something along the way that has screwed something up but I have no clue what that would have been. I'm attaching a few pictures with some info on my current setup, in hopes that something might catch someone's eye and offer a solution. Thanks a head of time for any help guys.

How about try a different recovery?
31st May 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead84

Hey guys. A few months ago a brought this issue up on another site and I think I only got one response. I ended up getting lazy with it and too frustrated to worry about it, so I gave up. Well, I'm finally ready to try and resolve it again so I wanted to see if anyone here could help me before I screw something up and brick my device lol. I have a Retail Verizon HTC One (M7) that was purchased about 3 months ago. After I bought it, I Rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, installed TWRP, all that good stuff. Everything, from what I can remember, went smoothly when doing all those things. Well, I finally at one point, decided to test out a Rom and have not been able to successfully install one yet and I have no idea why. I have tried a few and TWRP always returns a "Failed". The most recent one I tried was the ViperOne 6.2.0 (May 11). The only exception for that one, was that the aroma installer actually did say "Successful" but when I booted up I was stuck in a boot loop. I'm sure I've done something along the way that has screwed something up but I have no clue what that would have been. I'm attaching a few pictures with some info on my current setup, in hopes that something might catch someone's eye and offer a solution. Thanks a head of time for any help guys.

You have the m7wlv recovery installed. Flash the current m7vzw and you should be good to go.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Ok, thank you both. Trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yep that did it! Wow...I feel like an idiot. Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help.
Last edited by Radiohead84; 31st May 2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Issue Resolved
31st May 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead84

Ok, thank you both. Trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yep that did it! Wow...I feel like an idiot. Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help.

So what exactly did you do that worked?
Can you provide the recovery that worked for you ?
31st May 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMR4LIFE

So what exactly did you do that worked?
Can you provide the recovery that worked for you ?

Last night I just ended up flashing this RUU which worked: http://tinyurl.com/l3j7rhk
Then, after reading the solution offered here, I noticed on that same thread a link to TWRP 2.7.0.8 Decided to flash that and I am now able to successfully flash Rom's again. I tried two separate ones just to be sure. ViperOne and Cyanogen. Everything seems to be working as it should now.
2nd June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
did you installed kit kat ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead84

Last night I just ended up flashing this RUU which worked: http://tinyurl.com/l3j7rhk
Then, after reading the solution offered here, I noticed on that same thread a link to TWRP 2.7.0.8 Decided to flash that and I am now able to successfully flash Rom's again. I tried two separate ones just to be sure. ViperOne and Cyanogen. Everything seems to be working as it should now.

Hi

Mine Unlocked HTC One (Verizon) brought in US retail store. Now am using my GSM sim everything going well..

Can i install this custom ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=230836252

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes