T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

[RECOVERY][ ClockworkMod Touch v6.0.4.8 ][ With Swipe Gestures ]

OP mythi

22nd May 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #11  
Flag Starnberg
Thanks Meter: 383

848 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody04c

Lol!! Rainbow mode is funny.. Seems to be rock n a rolling ok here. Just running a backup now and will try to restore shortly as both Philz and TWRP aint working right for me.

ANDROID_SECURE.IMG NOT FOUND.. SKIPPING RESTORE....

SADLY NO JOY WITH A SUCCESSFUL RESTORE THUS FAR WITH MY DEVICE. (S-Off HTC One M8 Int. Version)

Android_secure.img? Did you back up that particular directory? If it restores boot.img, system and data that should be enough to restore your device completely.

Android_secure is being skipped here as well, after these three particular backups have been restored. So it's neither important, nor needed!

For backups I'm using online nandroid backup. Very comfortable as you don't need to boot into recovery to do a nandroid backup and it can be customized the hell out of it. No need for any settings in recovery (missing here anyways) so. Give Nandroid Manager a go as well on your device if you need single files being restored.

Ey and I LIKE SWIPING with this recovery. It's the future... Touch was yesterday.
I'll keep it on my device and walk through the functions the next days.
22nd May 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 1,756

1,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
now people ... i need detailed details of whats working and whats not ... i want this to get stable
23rd May 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag S.E. Florida
Thanks Meter: 321

1,783 posts
Donate to Me
At&t M8 unlocked, S-off, CID-111111.

Tried to backup to sdcard1 and it showed in your recovery before I wiped and restored an older backup.
Wipe/factory reset worked as it should.
Restored older CWM backup and rebooted without an issue.
Looked in ROM Manager for the backup I did before the the wipe and it wasn't there.
Rebooted into recovery via ROM Manager...no issues.
Looked for backup again in sdcard1 and it didn't save.
Factory wipe/reset.
Installed new ROM zip and booted up no issues.
Back into recovery, factory wipe/reset.
Restored last prior backup and dirty flashed updated ROM...worked without issues.
Currently waiting for some free time to try a backup to internal sd.....Hope this helps. Had this type of swipe recovery on my S4...thanks for your time/work and hope you can get it working 100%.

Tried to do backup via ROM Manager...Booted into recovery but E:unknown volume for path /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/..... Can't mount backup path.

Did a backup to internal sd in CWM and I see the date/backup but haven't wiped and tried restoring yet.
Last edited by Phoneguy589; 23rd May 2014 at 02:17 AM.
23rd May 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jeddah

1,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy589

Tried to backup to sdcard1 and it showed in your recovery before I wiped and restored an older backup.
Looked in ROM Manager for the backup I did before the the wipe and it wasn't there.
Factory wipe/reset.
Restored last prior backup and dirty flashed updated ROM...worked without issues.
Currently waiting for some free time to try a backup to internal sd.....Hope this helps. Had this type of swipe recovery on my S4...thanks for your time/work and hope you can get it working 100%.

Tried to do backup via ROM Manager...Booted into recovery but E:unknown volume for path /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/..... Can't mount backup path.

Did a backup to internal sd in CWM and I see the date/backup but haven't wiped and tried restoring yet.

hmmm...will look into that
23rd May 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 53

651 posts
What was the problem with restore in PhilZ?
I backed up ARHD and after flashing new firmware and everything I wiped the system and everything and restore nandroid without problems... What problem are you talking about the restore?
23rd May 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jeddah

1,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
uhhh ... m confused now
23rd May 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #17  
Flag Goodyear, Az
Thanks Meter: 76

2,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy589

Factory wipe/reset.

Did you try this, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=1
than backup to SD card
2nd June 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #18  
Flag kudus
Thanks Meter: 90

1,313 posts
More
Any support for Verizon m8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread