Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s5830 not recognized in Download mode

Tip us?

pelacables79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] s5830 not recognized in Download mode

Hello all,

I have a s5830 with 2.3.6 (GINGERBREAD.XWKTM) that is not recognized by my windows 8 when I set the phone to dowload mode.
I did install kies and upgraded to latest version, so I assume that there's a correct driver installed.
I've tried several versions of odin, but none of them recognize the mobile when it's in download mode.

If I plug it in "normal" mode, kies recognize it, says that there's a new firmware, starts the process, reboot the mobile and change it to dowload mode but after that and after few minutes, it says that something went wrong becasue it cannot communicate with the mobile.

Makes it sense to be rexognized in one mode but not in other?

* Could it be related with the USB cable? I'm using a NOKIA one that worked perfectly with a s5830i .

TIA,
Arnau

Hartik
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelacables79 View Post
Hello all,

I have a s5830 with 2.3.6 (GINGERBREAD.XWKTM) that is not recognized by my windows 8 when I set the phone to dowload mode.
I did install kies and upgraded to latest version, so I assume that there's a correct driver installed.
I've tried several versions of odin, but none of them recognize the mobile when it's in download mode.

If I plug it in "normal" mode, kies recognize it, says that there's a new firmware, starts the process, reboot the mobile and change it to dowload mode but after that and after few minutes, it says that something went wrong becasue it cannot communicate with the mobile.

* Could it be related with the USB cable? I'm using a NOKIA one that worked perfectly with a s5830i .

TIA,
Arnau
There is nothing wrong with your USB cable, all the cables are the same.
you could try:
-reinstalling the drivers on your pc/laptop.
-factory resetting phone(i doubt that will work)
-try flashing a rom from a different region through like cwm and then try connecting it in download mode(i have 2.3.6 DDKQ8 and it works fine)

tbh i dont know if any of those will work, cause the rom installed wont make a difference to whether it works or not. You could have no rom installed and that will load. You have custom roms installed and it loads. So i think it could be a problem in the software for the download mode option which i dont think we can fix
sorry if i didnt help

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelacables79 View Post
Hello all,

TIA,
Arnau
Sadly Samsung drivers and odin doesn't work well on Windows 8 atleast for Galaxy Ace. Try flashing stock rom on a Windows XP or 7 pc. It should work. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pelacables79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

sorry, I did not see that you answer to my question (gmail did filter xda e-mails).
Unfortuatly I dont have any windows 7 / XP available, so I'll try with a XP LiveCD, but I don't know when. So, whenever I try it I'll come back.

Many thanks for your answer,
Best Regards,
Arnau