Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root Note 3 - Ubuntu

Tip us?

AndyBrine
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Root Note 3 - Ubuntu

Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks
Andy

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrine View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks
Andy

Search after Heimdall - is the open-source equivalent of Odin. And then write in download mode the CORRECT cf-auto-root for your firmware. Knox flag WILL be triggered (unless your firmware is before 4.3 MJ3, in which case you will have to use Heimdall with files generated by Universal De La Vega method, but the Knox flag will not be triggered).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

AndyBrine
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
Search after Heimdall - is the open-source equivalent of Odin. And then write in download mode the CORRECT cf-auto-root for your firmware. Knox flag WILL be triggered (unless your firmware is before 4.3 MJ3, in which case you will have to use Heimdall with files generated by Universal De La Vega method, but the Knox flag will not be triggered).
Thanks for your reply xclub. I have tried Heimdall and was not able to run it successfully with my Note 3. Do you have any instructions for Rooting the Note 3 with Heimdall?

Ps. I have the same firmware as yourself N9005