Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cartoon HD iOS?

Tip us?
 
ifti786
Old
#1  
ifti786's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 230
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Tablet Cartoon HD iOS?

I just bought my chrome cast so that I could watch movies from my iPad on my TV but how do I stream to the chrome cast, in the player there are no options to change anything except volume play pause etc. Any way to stream?
Xperia Z1-Stock 4.4
HTC Desire 610-Stock 4.4
Xperia J-KILLED BY A NOOB DEV ROM!!!!
iPad 3/4/Air
iPhone 5
 
Asphyx
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 296
Posts: 1,781
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifti786 View Post
I just bought my chrome cast so that I could watch movies from my iPad on my TV but how do I stream to the chrome cast, in the player there are no options to change anything except volume play pause etc. Any way to stream?
you need to use a CCast enabled Player app to send to the CCast...
I don't know which iOS apps support it so you will have to search on the Appstore for that feature.
 
ifti786
Old
#3  
ifti786's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 230
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
you need to use a CCast enabled Player app to send to the CCast...
I don't know which iOS apps support it so you will have to search on the Appstore for that feature.
I think I'm returning this chromecast, its too much hassle!
Xperia Z1-Stock 4.4
HTC Desire 610-Stock 4.4
Xperia J-KILLED BY A NOOB DEV ROM!!!!
iPad 3/4/Air
iPhone 5
 
cmstlist
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 481
Posts: 3,122
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
The iOS support in Chromecast is largely for people who already have Android devices too, but want some of their iOS apps to work with it.

If you want to be able to stream anything you can get on your iPad to the TV, especially Apple DRM videos, you need an Apple TV.
 
uberNoobZA
Old
#5  
uberNoobZA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 314
Posts: 489
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifti786 View Post
I think I'm returning this chromecast, its too much hassle!
LOL
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Current -
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F - Stock 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Camera GC110 - Stock 4.1
ASUS Transformer Book T100 - Win8.1 Pro

Retired / Sold -
Galaxy Note 3 | Nexus 5 | Nexus 4 | Lumia 925 | Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) | Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Galaxy Note | Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer | Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
The Following User Says Thank You to uberNoobZA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
impulse101
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 436
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifti786 View Post
I think I'm returning this chromecast, its too much hassle!
Or stop using IOS garbage

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes