Unable To Receive Text Messages

OP clipse_101

28th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?
28th May 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  

13 posts
Are you rooted? If so did you freeze or uninstall the messaging app?

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app
28th May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse_101

I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?

I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.
1st June 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot

I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.

Yeah, it's the default SMS service, I'm not sure the root cause, thinking of taking it in so they can run a diagnostic.
Will try that and do a backup just to be safe, thanks for the advice!
2nd June 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag Krakow

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse_101

Yeah, it's the default SMS service, I'm not sure the root cause, thinking of taking it in so they can run a diagnostic.
Will try that and do a backup just to be safe, thanks for the advice!

Yes i have too similar situation on my old phone, tray to reinstall stock app or google hangout
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread