Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 49,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable To Receive Text Messages

Tip us?

clipse_101
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable To Receive Text Messages

I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?

quickpanic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you rooted? If so did you freeze or uninstall the messaging app?

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app

kentexcitebot
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse_101 View Post
I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?
I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.

clipse_101
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.
Yeah, it's the default SMS service, I'm not sure the root cause, thinking of taking it in so they can run a diagnostic.
Will try that and do a backup just to be safe, thanks for the advice!

Elokwentnyemu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse_101 View Post
Yeah, it's the default SMS service, I'm not sure the root cause, thinking of taking it in so they can run a diagnostic.
Will try that and do a backup just to be safe, thanks for the advice!
Yes i have too similar situation on my old phone, tray to reinstall stock app or google hangout