Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Facepalm for m8?

Tip us?

slimbrady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Facepalm for m8?

So, I was able to get my EVO 4G's S-Off finally using the Facepalm exploit here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53066693

What are the chances of getting something like this working for the M8 do you think? Seems like a fail safe meant for repair technicians...I know that Beaups(spelling is wrong probably, sorry) is on exploit-leave for an undisclosed period of time but I'm wondering if we were able to get a hold of the same files for the M8 (if they exist) whether or not it could be as easy for us to get S-Off as this one was? I'd be willing to test it ^^

Can anyone see an obvious reason that I should abandon all hope for this idea?
Current Device: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition(Black with Champagne) *S-OFF* (Victim of Sunshine)
Backups: Sprint HTC One M7(m7wls) *S - OFF*(Rumrunner), Sprint HTC EVO 4G - *S-OFF* (Facepalm)
Bricked Paperweights: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE *RIP QWERTY KEYBOARD, I MISS YOU*
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4,Google Nexus

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,883

DONATE TO ME
I'm sure if it could be done, Beaups and his crew would have already had it working, particularly since his team was also the team that developed the Rumrunner & Firewater exploits.

Sent from my HTC device
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slimbrady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
I'm sure if it could be done, Beaups and his crew would have already had it working, particularly since his team was also the team that developed the Rumrunner & Firewater exploits.

Sent from my HTC device
Yeah, I would think so too....I'm fairly new on the 'scene' here though so I wasn't sure if his voluntary vacation (I guess I'll call it) was before the M8 came out or not...meaning.....I wasn't sure if he'd even bothered having a look at it or not. =) Thanks for the info, though, just trying to stir the pot a bit if I can since I'm an inept exploiter and it's all I can do, haha. So frustrating to have had an S-Off M8 in my hands before and now stuck with it on!

First world problems.....
Current Device: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition(Black with Champagne) *S-OFF* (Victim of Sunshine)
Backups: Sprint HTC One M7(m7wls) *S - OFF*(Rumrunner), Sprint HTC EVO 4G - *S-OFF* (Facepalm)
Bricked Paperweights: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE *RIP QWERTY KEYBOARD, I MISS YOU*
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4,Google Nexus