Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] SD card as internal storage? Possible?

OP LiQuDiAk

24th May 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hey there guys. I have been looking for some way how to change capacity of my Internal storage, which is now (without any download apps) about 80 mb (quite low). I have a AceJB rom from here, which take a lot of space, but I do not want to give up on it. I believe, there is someway how to do it, but i just cannot find it. So, there is a question. How can I make SD card as an internal storage?

Thanks in advance!
24th May 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 362
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuDiAk

Hey there guys. I have been looking for some way how to change capacity of my Internal storage, which is now (without any download apps) about 80 mb (quite low). I have a AceJB rom from here, which take a lot of space, but I do not want to give up on it. I believe, there is someway how to do it, but i just cannot find it. So, there is a question. How can I make SD card as an internal storage?

Thanks in advance!

Its simple actually. Just flash CronMod Unoffical script from CWM. Make sure to have an ext partition of maximum size 1GB (anymore and the system will lag). Here is the link,

Cronmod Unofficial

Hope I Helped
24th May 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Its simple actually. Just flash CronMod Unoffical script from CWM. Make sure to have an ext partition of maximum size 1GB (anymore and the system will lag). Here is the link,

Cronmod Unofficial

Hope I Helped

That mean, I cant have an ext partition bigger than 1GB? (I have two)
24th May 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 362
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuDiAk

That mean, I cant have an ext partition bigger than 1GB? (I have two)

You can have any size for the ext partition. But bigger the size you have, laggier the system will become. As per script, 100 MB internal is needed for every 500 MB of ext partition. So its best to have an ext partition of maximum 1 GB. Hope I Helped
2nd June 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 362
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravcse2010

Credits to this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124

Gps doesn't work with CronMod Official because the /data/gps is moved to ext partition. This problem is solved in CronMod Unoffical. Hope I Helped
2nd June 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Gps doesn't work with CronMod Official because the /data/gps is moved to ext partition. This problem is solved in CronMod Unoffical. Hope I Helped

Brother please can you give me the thread link for Ace S5830 , because I am experiencing this life without GPS
2nd June 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 362
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravcse2010

Brother please can you give me the thread link for Ace S5830 , because I am experiencing this life without GPS

Bro use the link I specified above. It should work for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes