Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Question] how to replace glass lens?

OP Assassin27

29th May 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 11

35 posts
Donate to Me
More
Phone Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin27

Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

A very detailed post can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!
30th May 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Link,Int.

A very detailed post can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!

I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

30th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere...

35 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin27

I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.
The Following User Says Thank You to M-Link,Int. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.

Yess please that would work too! Thank you very much! 😊

30th May 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Somewhere...

35 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sending you a PM
Last edited by M-Link,Int.; 30th May 2014 at 03:40 PM.
30th May 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

How soon do you need it?

Whenever you are free because im getting the parts around june 18. Oh and the parts are coming with tools so it would be much easier. But yeah, you can do it when you are available and i can just favourite it and use it when i have my parts.

2nd June 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #8  
Flag Somewhere...

35 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tutorial PDF Guide
Here is a guide. PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/63dtgt...etTeardown.pdf

If you have problems viewing the file through your browser, click the download button in the upper right corner.

Another thing I just found is that the link in the PDF to the glass replacement guide is borked so... Heres the link --

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694976
Last edited by M-Link,Int.; 2nd June 2014 at 01:56 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread