FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Question] how to replace glass lens?

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Assassin27, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 01:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
29th May 2014, 03:52 PM |#2  
M-Link,Int.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Phone Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin27

Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

A very detailed post can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!
30th May 2014, 12:55 PM |#3  
Assassin27's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Link,Int.

A very detailed post can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!

I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 01:16 PM |#4  
M-Link,Int.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin27

I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.
The Following User Says Thank You to M-Link,Int. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 01:40 PM |#5  
Assassin27's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Link,Int.

Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.

Yess please that would work too! Thank you very much! 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 01:58 PM |#6  
M-Link,Int.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Sending you a PM
Last edited by M-Link,Int.; 30th May 2014 at 02:40 PM.
30th May 2014, 02:01 PM |#7  
Assassin27's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Link,Int.

How soon do you need it?

Whenever you are free because im getting the parts around june 18. Oh and the parts are coming with tools so it would be much easier. But yeah, you can do it when you are available and i can just favourite it and use it when i have my parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd June 2014, 12:39 PM |#8  
M-Link,Int.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Tutorial PDF Guide
Here is a guide. PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/63dtgt...etTeardown.pdf

If you have problems viewing the file through your browser, click the download button in the upper right corner.


Another thing I just found is that the link in the PDF to the glass replacement guide is borked so... Heres the link --

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694976
Last edited by M-Link,Int.; 2nd June 2014 at 12:56 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes