FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] LG G2 Root - OTA Update?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By hellgast100, Junior Member on 1st June 2014, 01:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys,

I've got a very simple question.

I have the lg g2 d802 and i updated it to the latest firmware. (screenshot)
what if im going to root my device with ioroot, will it brick, is it safe or is it even possible to root?
Im a little unsure about this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-01-02-33-42.png
Views:	82
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	2773823  
 
 
1st June 2014, 10:47 AM |#2  
maxwellz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
You can root, it is safe, but know one thing, its not recommended to OTA update afterwards...
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwellz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 10:15 AM |#3  
hellgast100's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
But when i installed the Kitkat update, i did do an another update. Thats the OTA update right?
Im kinda noob now xD
I bricked my galaxy s1 ones but you could unbrick it with a usb jig so i couldnt care bricking it xD. But not with this phone and i dont have twrp recovery.


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA mobile app
2nd June 2014, 10:23 AM |#4  
greek_assassin's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellgast100

But when i installed the Kitkat update, i did do an another update. Thats the OTA update right?
Im kinda noob now xD
I bricked my galaxy s1 ones but you could unbrick it with a usb jig so i couldnt care bricking it xD. But not with this phone and i dont have twrp recovery.


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA mobile app

OTA update is the one that you don't use pc to update just through WiFi

IF I HELPED YOU PRESS THE THANKS BYTTON
The Following User Says Thank You to greek_assassin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 11:01 AM |#5  
hellgast100's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok thnx
Yes I updated on WIFI
So what shall i try to root it?

Thnx for your time

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA mobile app
2nd June 2014, 11:06 AM |#6  
Eminemiero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek_assassin

OTA update is the one that you don't use pc to update just through WiFi

IF I HELPED YOU PRESS THE THANKS BYTTON

so if my phone is rooted i can update it through lg pc suit?
2nd June 2014, 01:10 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Nancy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminemiero

so if my phone is rooted i can update it through lg pc suit?

Only if you don't have a recovery custom.
However you might loose the root by updating.
The Following User Says Thank You to shark_max For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes