Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Triangle Away work on S5?

Tip us?

caodangra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Triangle Away work on S5?

My Tmobile Samsung S5 had tripped Knox after rooted. I read that Triangle Away can set back the Knox counter. Before purchasing this app, I want to ask have anyone able to use Triangle Away on the S5? Thank!

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by caodangra View Post
My Tmobile Samsung S5 had tripped Knox after rooted. I read that Triangle Away can set back the Knox counter. Before purchasing this app, I want to ask have anyone able to use Triangle Away on the S5? Thank!
It will not work. If you try it, it may brick your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattMJB0188 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

caodangra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
It will not work. If you try it, it may brick your phone.
thank for the information.

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by caodangra View Post
thank for the information.
No problem.

dpshptl
Old
Thanks Meter 2
There is a new ROM that takes care of this problem. But you have to install that ROM. Just go under development there are only a few there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

BLuFeNiX
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshptl View Post
There is a new ROM that takes care of this problem. But you have to install that ROM. Just go under development there are only a few there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
I think you are misinformed. KNOX cannot currently be subverted.
If you like my work, feel free to donate, or just hit the THANKS BUTTON.

Want to make your own boot animations from an animated GIF? Check out my software! - Gif2Boot (no root required)

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuFeNiX View Post
I think you are misinformed. KNOX cannot currently be subverted.
That is correct - some have said (those that know more than I) that tripping knox blows a Q FUSE which as I understand it is a phyisical attribute on the phone not a software attribute - - to UNDO that would be impossible without a soldering iron of somekind -)(joking) but there are tons of QFUSES avaialble from what I have read - and it seems that Samsung and maybe even the carrier tech staff have a way of "Reassigning" the QFUSE or someting - as many phones taken back for repairs are returned with Knox reset to 0.

I may be completely wrong in the way I am describing this - as I am not developer and have only read a bunch about it - much of which was way over my head - but that is my interpreation of how it works (on a very simple level)
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: - X-Note TMT v.3.0 NE2
My Recovery: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - NE5 - KTweaker
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)

luckyduck69
Old
Thanks Meter 246

DONATE TO ME
For the record, I ran Triangle Away on my TMO S5 without any issue. I'm not sure if it worked as I have not checked.. but it did not brick my phone.

Also, this is the first I've heard of this KNOX chip and hardware tampering system. It is very possible to construct a loop that is designed to blow a fuse; thus triggering a desired software effect. HOWEVER, its still software which means that (in theory) its still possible to work around. If all of this is true, it will only be a matter of time before we have a work around.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyduck69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]