Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boostpulse error running CM11 on KFHD 7" (TATE)

Tip us?

Miskreant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Boostpulse error running CM11 on KFHD 7" (TATE)

Hello All,

Well, today I finally managed to unbrick mt KFHD after about a month or so of using it as a paperweight...Over the course of the last month I made four attempts at making the factory cable myself. Having absolutely zero prior experience and armed with the cheapest piece of crap soldering iron money can buy, my first 3 attempts ended in useless melted messes. Luckily this morning I decided to make one last attempt and I was finally able to pull it off.
Anyways, once I was finally able to get into fastboot mode, I went ahead and just flashed the stock rom and was thrilled to watch my kindle successfully boot up for the first time in over a month. Having finally managed to unbrick my device, I proceeded to do my victory dance around the house. Unfortunately as soon as I sat back down I realized that I had celebrated a little bit too soon. No matter what I tried, I could not get the wifi to turn on. There wasn't even a MAC address listed.
After much searching and many attempts to fix the problem, I cam accross a forum post from someone saying that they had the same issue, and they were only able to fix it after flashing a custom rom...something to do with the mmc0 block or something I dont quite remember. Since without wifi the KFHD is pretty much useless, I figured I had might as well give it a shot. It was a bit of a process, but I was able to flash TWRP and CM11, and now my wifi and basically everything else is working again.

My apologies for the somewhat long back story, but I didn't want to leave out potentially relevant information. The issue I am facing now is this: when logcat is open, anytime I touch the screen I am getting about 40 instances of this error --

06-01 22:40:25.830 E/TI OMAP PowerHAL(535): Error writing to /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse: No such device

This happens regardless of whether or not I actually have the governor set to interactive. I've done quite a bit of searching to no avail...

Here is some of my system information:

Kernel: 3.0.72+ build01@cyanogenmod #1

CM Version: 11-20140601-NIGHTLY-tate

Android: 4.2.2

I used No-Frills CPU App to see if changing the governor had any effect, and this information came from the About CPU function of that app..

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost:

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse:
sh: <stdin>[1]: cat: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse: Permission denied

- file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration:

Once again, sorry for the long post..anyone who has taken the time to read it, I thank you very much. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, or even if you could just help me by telling me a little more about what the problem is, it would be very very much appreciated. I haven't had much luck searching :/

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
I wouldn't worry about it, I see this on Maromi's kernel when I mess with the frequency, I think it is a kernel device that doesn't show up, the file that calls for that sys path probably just needs taking out of the kernel.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]