Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 53,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP! Black screen on Youtube app

Tip us?
 
mybabysexy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Default HELP! Black screen on Youtube app

Hi guys.

I need some help with my tablet. It cannot play videos on offical Youtube app (on Google Play). There's only sound, no video.
I tried reinstall Adove Flash and update it to the latest version but it isn't work.
I guess that's the app error, if i use chrome or the default browser youtube plays fine.

Please help me if you could, i am using Vido N90 FHD with 4.1.1 stock rom from Yuandao.

Thanks.

Image

YT app
d.f16.photo.zdn.vn/upload/original/2014/06/01/12/28/3022170627_180508397_574_574. jpg

Browser
d.f16.photo.zdn.vn/upload/original/2014/06/01/12/29/3022170957_807815874_574_574. jpg
p/s remove the space between . and jpg
 
dagger
Old
#2  
dagger's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,181
Posts: 4,339
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Medieval period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysexy View Post
Hi guys.

I need some help with my tablet. It cannot play videos on offical Youtube app (on Google Play). There's only sound, no video.
I tried reinstall Adove Flash and update it to the latest version but it isn't work.
I guess that's the app error, if i use chrome or the default browser youtube plays fine.

Please help me if you could, i am using Vido N90 FHD with 4.1.1 stock rom from Yuandao.

Thanks.

Image

YT app
d.f16.photo.zdn.vn/upload/original/2014/06/01/12/28/3022170627_180508397_574_574. jpg

Browser
d.f16.photo.zdn.vn/upload/original/2014/06/01/12/29/3022170957_807815874_574_574. jpg
p/s remove the space between . and jpg
Let's see if this helps - go into Settings -> Applications ->All tab

Scroll down to YouTube - tap it. If running, Force Stop - then Clear data - then Clear cache.

Next - relaunch YouTube - and report back if this fixed anything or not.

Cheers..
 
mybabysexy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
Let's see if this helps - go into Settings -> Applications ->All tab

Scroll down to YouTube - tap it. If running, Force Stop - then Clear data - then Clear cache.

Next - relaunch YouTube - and report back if this fixed anything or not.

Cheers..
so bad, it's still showing black screen.
It's weird that it still play audio from that video.
If I watch Youtube from the default Browser the video played fine.

Thanks for the advice anyway. Any more advice?
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
#4  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,749
Posts: 2,019
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysexy View Post
so bad, it's still showing black screen.
It's weird that it still play audio from that video.
If I watch Youtube from the default Browser the video played fine.

Thanks for the advice anyway. Any more advice?
Try to unninstall Youtube app and install an older version. What version do you have now?
 
mybabysexy
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n View Post
Try to unninstall Youtube app and install an older version. What version do you have now?
I am using 5.6.36 from Play Store
 
dagger
Old
#6  
dagger's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,181
Posts: 4,339
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Medieval period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysexy View Post
I am using 5.6.36 from Play Store
Have you installed the twitter app?
Because after a bit of reserch, i came across few websites where people were having the same problem as you.(only audio)
It turned out that uninstalling the twitter app solved their problem..
 
mybabysexy
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
Have you installed the twitter app?
Because after a bit of reserch, i came across few websites where people were having the same problem as you.(only audio)
It turned out that uninstalling the twitter app solved their problem..
Yes, I have Twitter app. I'll uninstall it and report asap
 
mybabysexy
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
Have you installed the twitter app?
Because after a bit of reserch, i came across few websites where people were having the same problem as you.(only audio)
It turned out that uninstalling the twitter app solved their problem..
Nope, still not working.
Tried uninstall and reinstall old ver and new ver but same result.
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
#9  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,749
Posts: 2,019
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysexy View Post
Nope, still not working.
Tried uninstall and reinstall old ver and new ver but same result.
Did you turned to run HQ videos? Try to turn off and see what happened.
 
mybabysexy
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n View Post
Did you turned to run HQ videos? Try to turn off and see what happened.
i tried turn on and off HD and HQ for some vids but nothing happened.
I've downloaded Youtube like app and it's worked fine.
But I still prefer using the official one.
Thanks

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more