Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery issue

Tip us?

SlimShady08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Battery issue

I had battery saver installed and seemed to do great work but when uninstalled, my tablet's battery doesn't last more than 30 mins and it got much slower too. No virus was detected from CM though.

Sent from my SDT-737 using XDA Free mobile app

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady08 View Post
I had battery saver installed and seemed to do great work but when uninstalled, my tablet's battery doesn't last more than 30 mins and it got much slower too. No virus was detected from CM though.

Sent from my SDT-737 using XDA Free mobile app
It can be due to many reasons. Firstly, there can be many heavy ram consuming apps running in background. Try to close them. Keep the brightness of screen low. Keep Wifi and Other data connections off when not needed. You can also turn off auto-rotation. This will increase your battery backup to a considerable amount.

Incase, it doesn't makes much of a difference, you should buy a new battery !
** There are no shortcuts to any place worth going **

SlimShady08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
It can be due to many reasons. Firstly, there can be many heavy ram consuming apps running in background. Try to close them. Keep the brightness of screen low. Keep Wifi and Other data connections off when not needed. You can also turn off auto-rotation. This will increase your battery backup to a considerable amount.

Incase, it doesn't makes much of a difference, you should buy a new battery !

This isnt a battery save issue. When it reaches like 92% it instantly goes to 56 and at about 51% it goes like 15% or less, or it may even go from 54% instantly to zero. How can i possibly change battery? Its a tablet. How can i open it? If taken for service will they accept it? Its rooted.

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
This isnt a battery save issue. When it reaches like 92% it instantly goes to 56 and at about 51% it goes like 15% or less, or it may even go from 54% instantly to zero. How can i possibly change battery? Its a tablet. How can i open it? If taken for service will they accept it? Its rooted.
I'm sorry. I didn't read your question properly.
Keeping in mind what you're saying, it seems like a "Failing Battery" . Tablet batteries can be changed but you will have to unroot first or the people at service center won't accept your device. So, unroot first and then go to service center.
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlimShady08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't read your question properly.
Keeping in mind what you're saying, it seems like a "Failing Battery" . Tablet batteries can be changed but you will have to unroot first or the people at service center won't accept your device. So, unroot first and then go to service center.
last question then i hit thanks . There is no way i can possibly fix it without getting a new battery?

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
last question then i hit thanks . There is no way i can possibly fix it without getting a new battery?
Frankly speaking, No.I think you should get a new battery because a bad battery can be really-really dangerous !
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Thanks a lot, i will go as soon as possible
Happy to help !