FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Battery issue

2nd June 2014, 02:53 PM |#1  
SlimShady08's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I had battery saver installed and seemed to do great work but when uninstalled, my tablet's battery doesn't last more than 30 mins and it got much slower too. No virus was detected from CM though.

Sent from my SDT-737 using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
2nd June 2014, 03:42 PM |#2  
AbhiLP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady08

I had battery saver installed and seemed to do great work but when uninstalled, my tablet's battery doesn't last more than 30 mins and it got much slower too. No virus was detected from CM though.

Sent from my SDT-737 using XDA Free mobile app

It can be due to many reasons. Firstly, there can be many heavy ram consuming apps running in background. Try to close them. Keep the brightness of screen low. Keep Wifi and Other data connections off when not needed. You can also turn off auto-rotation. This will increase your battery backup to a considerable amount.

Incase, it doesn't makes much of a difference, you should buy a new battery !
2nd June 2014, 03:48 PM |#3  
SlimShady08's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP

It can be due to many reasons. Firstly, there can be many heavy ram consuming apps running in background. Try to close them. Keep the brightness of screen low. Keep Wifi and Other data connections off when not needed. You can also turn off auto-rotation. This will increase your battery backup to a considerable amount.

Incase, it doesn't makes much of a difference, you should buy a new battery !



This isnt a battery save issue. When it reaches like 92% it instantly goes to 56 and at about 51% it goes like 15% or less, or it may even go from 54% instantly to zero. How can i possibly change battery? Its a tablet. How can i open it? If taken for service will they accept it? Its rooted.
2nd June 2014, 03:54 PM |#4  
AbhiLP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady08

This isnt a battery save issue. When it reaches like 92% it instantly goes to 56 and at about 51% it goes like 15% or less, or it may even go from 54% instantly to zero. How can i possibly change battery? Its a tablet. How can i open it? If taken for service will they accept it? Its rooted.

I'm sorry. I didn't read your question properly.
Keeping in mind what you're saying, it seems like a "Failing Battery" . Tablet batteries can be changed but you will have to unroot first or the people at service center won't accept your device. So, unroot first and then go to service center.
2nd June 2014, 04:00 PM |#5  
SlimShady08's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP

I'm sorry. I didn't read your question properly.
Keeping in mind what you're saying, it seems like a "Failing Battery" . Tablet batteries can be changed but you will have to unroot first or the people at service center won't accept your device. So, unroot first and then go to service center.

last question then i hit thanks . There is no way i can possibly fix it without getting a new battery?
2nd June 2014, 04:05 PM |#6  
AbhiLP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady08

last question then i hit thanks . There is no way i can possibly fix it without getting a new battery?

Frankly speaking, No.I think you should get a new battery because a bad battery can be really-really dangerous !
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 04:16 PM |#7  
AbhiLP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady08

Thanks a lot, i will go as soon as possible

Happy to help !
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes