Post Reply

[Q]Root official KK, is it possible ???

OP wangshin248

2nd June 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
hi guys, just upgraded to official KK, Kingo cant root it, so that mean i cannot install safestrap. any idea ???
baseband: N900AUCUCMLG
BUILD#: KOT49H.N900AUCUCMLG
4.4.2

Check bootloader: A3 ( fail to use Odin )
Last edited by wangshin248; 2nd June 2014 at 09:05 AM.
2nd June 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #2  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
There is currently no root access available for kit Kat.
2nd June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
sandman7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 982
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangshin248

hi guys, just upgraded to official KK, Kingo cant root it, so that mean i cannot install safestrap. any idea ???
baseband: N900AUCUCMLG
BUILD#: KOT49H.N900AUCUCMLG
4.4.2

Check bootloader: A3 ( fail to use Odin )

MLG is not official. NC2 is the official kitkat.

Restore your phone to MJ5(if your on MLG only), root, install safesrap, then upgrade with odin to Dyamic Kat or Undriod kitkat that already has root, install safestrap.
2nd June 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
TeldenW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Provo, UTAH
Thanks Meter: 12
 
345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman7793

MLG is not official. NC2 is the official kitkat.

Restore your phone to MJ5(if your on MLG only), root, install safesrap, then upgrade with odin to Dyamic Kat or Undriod kitkat that already has root, install safestrap.

Sorry for the noob-ness of this question. I just went to the DynamicKat (3.0 NC2 version) thread and read the OP.
The OP makes it look like you need to use SafeStrap to flash this... Above, you referenced ODIN. I'm very confused.

I'm getting a warranty replacement Note3 this morning in the mail and, assuming it comes with 4.3, I'm NOT taking the NC2 OTA. I'm really wanting to get rooted KK.
Any advice or guidance you can further provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
2nd June 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
If you get a 4.3 device you will need to root it, then use Odin, then install safestrap.

Here's an example.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712039
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
TeldenW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Provo, UTAH
Thanks Meter: 12
 
345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

If you get a 4.3 device you will need to root it, then use Odin, then install safestrap.

Here's an example.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712039

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help.
Fingers are crossed that my device comes with 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes