Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status 0 error

Tip us?

chazman14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Status 0 error

I'm trying to install SultanXDA's latest ROM (5.23) and I am getting a Status 0 install error. I have the latest EXT4 recovery which is supposed to work with this build. I have no idea what to do.

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman14 View Post
I'm trying to install SultanXDA's latest ROM (5.23) and I am getting a Status 0 install error. I have the latest EXT4 recovery which is supposed to work with this build. I have no idea what to do.
Which version of 4EXT are you on? Based on experience I'd bet you're on 1.0.0.6 RC1? If yes, you're not on latest. Update to RC2.

chazman14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito View Post
Which version of 4EXT are you on? Based on experience I'd bet you're on 1.0.0.6 RC1? If yes, you're not on latest. Update to RC2.
I updated to RC2 and it worked. Thank you. If you don't mind, what is the significance of this new feature?

Sensation Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Gesendet von meinem HTCSensation mit Tapatalk
* HTC Sensation * ViperS 5.2.1 * SebastianFM JB 1,5GHz * 11.76C Radio *
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." (Albert Einstein)

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman14 View Post
I updated to RC2 and it worked. Thank you. If you don't mind, what is the significance of this new feature?
Only that one change that's mentioned in the changelog.
Since with new builds the roms are using a new way of mounting the patitions (or something in that way) we need a recovery which supports that.

somexdalurker
Old
(Last edited by somexdalurker; 2nd June 2014 at 05:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I'm late to the party, but for me this usually indicates there is something wrong with the META-INF files. You can just swap them out for a set from an earlier or later build of the same rom and generally that takes care of it since those files are generally old and not updated frequently.

In tihs particular case, I think I do remember one recent Sultan build missing Cyanogenmod files in the META-INF folder.

Edit:
There's me jumping the gun and missing that the original poster was using an old version of 4ext. I'll leave the info here anyway in case it helps someone else.