Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop, again

Tip us?

mejorguille
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Bootloop, again

Was on cloudy's latest gpro2 rom with dorimatrix 4.8.1, updated to 4.9 and wiped cache and dalvic cache and upon first boot everything I would click force closed after a minute or so so I attempted rebooting. It would then go into a bootloop. I adb rebooted into recovery, wiped the caches, and flashed 4.8.1. It now did the same thing as it did before, followed by a bootloop when I rebooted it. Decided to try flashing to a different rom, so I did a complete backup and sent over the latest CM11 nightly. Wiped all and flashed, and now I'm bootlooping at the CM screen with no recovery access.

I remembered when I was already bootlooping that I needed to flash the 4.2.2 partitions to use an AOSP roms. A little too late huh. Now I'm stuck at the CM bootanimation and no ADB. Are my only options to use mobile odin and start over from or can you guys come up with something else?

Currently using: RETIRED: White T-Mobile G1
| ROM: CM7 | RADIO: 2.22.28.25 | SPL: 1.33.0013d
RIP: G2! ROOT! HELLZ YEAH!!

| ROM: CM7 | RADIO: 26.04.02.17(S-OFF) | THEME: Mixer Theme | MODS: Screen Color Calibration | Minimum Brightness Patcher | Kernel: Pershoot |

Thanks to all the devs that make me love my phone!

mejorguille
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejorguille View Post
Was on cloudy's latest gpro2 rom with dorimatrix 4.8.1, updated to 4.9 and wiped cache and dalvic cache and upon first boot everything I would click force closed after a minute or so so I attempted rebooting. It would then go into a bootloop. I adb rebooted into recovery, wiped the caches, and flashed 4.8.1. It now did the same thing as it did before, followed by a bootloop when I rebooted it. Decided to try flashing to a different rom, so I did a complete backup and sent over the latest CM11 nightly. Wiped all and flashed, and now I'm bootlooping at the CM screen with no recovery access.

I remembered when I was already bootlooping that I needed to flash the 4.2.2 partitions to use an AOSP roms. A little too late huh. Now I'm stuck at the CM bootanimation and no ADB. Are my only options to use mobile odin and start over from or can you guys come up with something else?
Fixed it... realized I still had recovery active, booted into it with the button combo, wiped, installed cloudy pro, all is good.

Currently using: RETIRED: White T-Mobile G1
| ROM: CM7 | RADIO: 2.22.28.25 | SPL: 1.33.0013d
RIP: G2! ROOT! HELLZ YEAH!!

| ROM: CM7 | RADIO: 26.04.02.17(S-OFF) | THEME: Mixer Theme | MODS: Screen Color Calibration | Minimum Brightness Patcher | Kernel: Pershoot |

Thanks to all the devs that make me love my phone!