Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New on Atrix, advices please.

Tip us?

lincer556
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default New on Atrix, advices please.

I've received a new ATRIX 4G (Called FUEGO here in Argentina).
Now i need to know how to make some tweaks, device's rooted, unlocked, with CWM, and i need some build.prop commands to improve responsiveness, and if there's a tweak for improving and removing the lagness on the BLUR launcher (because it feels so dumb.)

Also if there's some tweaks for gaming.

Thanks!

miogy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556 View Post
I've received a new ATRIX 4G (Called FUEGO here in Argentina).
Now i need to know how to make some tweaks, device's rooted, unlocked, with CWM, and i need some build.prop commands to improve responsiveness, and if there's a tweak for improving and removing the lagness on the BLUR launcher (because it feels so dumb.)

Also if there's some tweaks for gaming.

Thanks!
Maybe you can start with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1154600
If you don't use webtop you also can try Superlite ICS rom that can be found in Android Development section. This rom for sure fix youtube problem(if you stick with gingerbread you will have problem to view youtube video after upgrading youtube application).

For gaming i don't think you need heavy tweaking. Personally i love the official rom but now i got problem with my data. It can't connect to internet.

nundoo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Soon to get an Atrix 4G. Main question: is there a 4.0+ Rom that has fingerprint and full HDMI functionality(horizontal)?

I thought I'll make a great deal getting this phone, but it seems that there are a lot of quirks with it... missing functionality with 4.0+, hard bricking... The phone seems great otherwise, hope I'll have some fun with it.

Thanks!
Sony Ericsson T100i(~2003 - still have it) -» Sony Ericsson K600i -» Nokia 3230 -» Nokia 6630 -» Sony Ericsson W810i -» Sony Ericsson W710i -» Sony Ericsson W910i -» Nokia N90 -» HTC Universal -» Sony Ericsson K800i -» Sony Ericsson K810i -» Nokia N80 -» LG Optimus One -» Samung Wave II -» LG Optimus 2X -» LG Optimus Me P350 -» LG Optimus One -» Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i -» LG Optimus L5 E610v -» SONY Xperia Sola MT27i

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Atrics is the closest. But no rom after 2,3 is stable

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
The Following User Says Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nundoo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks, I guess I just want to be able to use a 4.0+ Rom as a daily driver(phone calls, internet, apps that require Android 4.0+), to be able to take pictures/videos and use the hdmi out feature(in landscape mode for videos). Would that be possible with Atrics or Blur ICS(I see in your signature that you use it)?
Sony Ericsson T100i(~2003 - still have it) -» Sony Ericsson K600i -» Nokia 3230 -» Nokia 6630 -» Sony Ericsson W810i -» Sony Ericsson W710i -» Sony Ericsson W910i -» Nokia N90 -» HTC Universal -» Sony Ericsson K800i -» Sony Ericsson K810i -» Nokia N80 -» LG Optimus One -» Samung Wave II -» LG Optimus 2X -» LG Optimus Me P350 -» LG Optimus One -» Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i -» LG Optimus L5 E610v -» SONY Xperia Sola MT27i

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 344
You can, however there are too many random errors for most people to be considered daily driver.

Camera has a purple noise on bottom, whenever you take a widescreen pic. It is also present on video recording as well. Regarding video, continuous autofocus is badly broken, it will try to focus every few seconds.

You might experience screen tearing, dissapearing panel and various graphical errors.

Battery life is awful.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
With 4.0+ ROMs there is no such thing as "I just need it to do this or that". There is no "just this" or "just that". Although many people use them as such, they are simply just not ready to be a reliable daily driver. If you decide to use them anyway, you also accept all the quirks, instability and any illogical behavior that might occur.

The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]