Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom factory reset

Tip us?

jonagpa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] Custom factory reset

I feel like this is a very basic question but I'm going to ask anyway, just want to make sure its the right direction before proceeding/researching and perhaps it would help others who may be looking to do the same. Hopefully I am posting in the right area, as this question should apply to any android based device.

I want to make a custom factory reset so when I factory reset my phone, it would revert back to almost factory settings, except with a few alterations. For example: some extra apps (maybe settings within those apps already selected), certain android settings already selected (developer tools, unknown sources etc), superuser with permissions already granted for certain apps, basically things beyond the scope of just pre-installed apps.

I understand the phone would need to be rooted, I would want to keep the original rom with the above mentioned changes. Of course I can always make a backup and simply load it, but I want to know if it can be done through factory reset. I only have experience rooting and loading custom roms (on many devices , I've always done so since droid 1) but I have never made a custom rom, which from my understanding, is what I need to do to for something like this.

Basically if you guys can tell me if I am in the right direction, completely off track and where should I go from here to make it happen.

Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------
Custom DIY Dock for phones with cases or extended batteries

jonagpa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Bump
No help?
------------------------------------------------------------
Custom DIY Dock for phones with cases or extended batteries