TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] lg gpad wifi

OP paniro187

31st May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

668 posts
I like this tablet over the gaalxy tab3 for the specs and screen. What o want to know is I'm getting this for my elderly mom so I would like a google play edition rom for this tablet. I know when I had a m7 before they had a rom that was set up just like the google play edition. I don't want cm or aokp I just want stock google. Where can I get this? Also how do I root and install recovery for this thing. I know thus has been asked before but I work alot and I'm trying to get this done on the fly (at work and on break)

Thank you
31st May 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 82

376 posts
[Q] lg gpad wifi
You can't get a stock google rom. The devs have tried and failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
If you're getting this tablet for your mom, then you shouldn't root it or install any other roms, just update the tablet to the latest LG kitkat update and it will feel good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #4  
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 449

1,791 posts
More
If you want the Google Play experience for her why don't you buy the GPE version (V510)?
1st June 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

668 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

If you want the Google Play experience for her why don't you buy the GPE version (V510)?

Because they didn't have a used one on swappa. Thought there might be a rom there. Buckaroo
1st June 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Salzburg (AT)
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
More
The original 4.4.2 Stock ROM is just great and very, very easy to use even though it has so many cool features (Infrared, knock on,...).
e.g. For the LG G2 it's quite some work to get the IR blaster to work with other ROMs and i think it's the same here.

I wouldn't install any other ROM! (Not hear this from me often!) It's perfect and just works! I installed the xposed modules, which makes it even better.
2nd June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 39

512 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedro1978

The original 4.4.2 Stock ROM is just great and very, very easy to use even though it has so many cool features (Infrared, knock on,...).
e.g. For the LG G2 it's quite some work to get the IR blaster to work with other ROMs and i think it's the same here.

I wouldn't install any other ROM! (Not hear this from me often!) It's perfect and just works! I installed the xposed modules, which makes it even better.

I wish I could agree with this. Where KK runs great, the SD card issue blows big time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread