No registration required

[Q] When Flashing ROM I lose Mobile Data Connection

OP yannibmbr1

1st June 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi there,
I've got an HTC One M8, on the T-Mobile Network. I recently unlocked and rooted my phone. I downloaded the Paranoid Android beta ROM and installed it along with gapps. All went smoothly and booted up fine. However, I noticed my phone wasn't connecting to LTE. All I could do was make phone calls. I tried flashing the ROM again, same issue. I then tried the Cyanogenmod ROM and also had the same issue, so I finally restored my phone's nandroid backup so I'm all good again.

But I'm curious what the issue might be. I also tried taking out and putting back in my SIM card etc. Is there something I'm missing that I need to do?
2nd June 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannibmbr1

Hi there,
I've got an HTC One M8, on the T-Mobile Network. I recently unlocked and rooted my phone. I downloaded the Paranoid Android beta ROM and installed it along with gapps. All went smoothly and booted up fine. However, I noticed my phone wasn't connecting to LTE. All I could do was make phone calls. I tried flashing the ROM again, same issue. I then tried the Cyanogenmod ROM and also had the same issue, so I finally restored my phone's nandroid backup so I'm all good again.

But I'm curious what the issue might be. I also tried taking out and putting back in my SIM card etc. Is there something I'm missing that I need to do?

OKay, I was able to resolve this issue on my own. I changed my APN setting to utilize IPv6 and it's been running just fine. Go figure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread