Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why note 3 is so slow after 4.4.2 update ?

Tip us?

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
I froze the system app that updates automatically. So I wouldn't get NB4 or what you have. Using TBU

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Read my friend. You will get it. It's what I did. I don't flame people though. Surprised nobody has flamed in here but you are learning I guess. Please hit thanks on my post if I have helped you. Thanks goes far. Cya. Have a good weekend

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROM] KoolKit S5 Kool_Active V1.0.0_B02
[KERNAL] Locked Bootloader

iamsuper123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Is there any way to make the performance of note 3 faster and less sluggish (OTHER THAN FACTORY RESET) ?

I have tried doing a factory reset but still note 3 performance is not good even tho this is a great specs phone.

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Turn off all of the boatware in the settings menu. That should help some. Also, go into developer options and change the animation scales to .5 or off. That won't really make your phone faster, but it will seem faster. There's a thread in the general section about making your phone super fast.

iamsuper123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
Turn off all of the boatware in the settings menu. That should help some. Also, go into developer options and change the animation scales to .5 or off. That won't really make your phone faster, but it will seem faster. There's a thread in the general section about making your phone super fast.
1) What does this animation option does ?

2) How to disable the boatware ? How to disable app as I do not see disable button in app settings for any app ? can you please give me a test example please ?

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 124
The changing the animation times will make the animations between switching windows faster or slower. Changing them to .5 will make them faster and off will make them nonexistent so there will be no animations between windows. When the animations are faster/off it will make the phone seem faster. Not sure if my explanation is clear enough, but if you try it you'll see what I mean.

To turn stuff off, go to the settings menu, application manager, and pick an application. For example, let's say you pick HP Print Plugin. Near the top right of the screen you will see a button that says "turn off". Push this and the application will be disabled. Some of them you cannot turn off. Be careful which ones you turn off because it can cause problems if you disable the wrong thing.

iamsuper123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
The changing the animation times will make the animations between switching windows faster or slower. Changing them to .5 will make them faster and off will make them nonexistent so there will be no animations between windows. When the animations are faster/off it will make the phone seem faster. Not sure if my explanation is clear enough, but if you try it you'll see what I mean.

To turn stuff off, go to the settings menu, application manager, and pick an application. For example, let's say you pick HP Print Plugin. Near the top right of the screen you will see a button that says "turn off". Push this and the application will be disabled. Some of them you cannot turn off. Be careful which ones you turn off because it can cause problems if you disable the wrong thing.
Thank you, I found the settings.

iamsuper123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
any update for rooting AT&T note 3 running stock 4.4.2 ? anyone figure it out with any custom rom ?

iamsuper123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
anyone ??

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuper123 View Post
anyone ??