Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Battery Calibration App

Tip us?

MiroslavVitula
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Battery Full [APP] Battery Calibration App

I've made a really really simple app that does one simple job. It calibrates your battery. What does that mean?

If you flashed a new ROM, for example, your batterystats.bin folder still contains the old values from the previous ROM.
This can cause high battery drain, because battery is just "not sure" how many percent has your battery.

Battery calibrator formats this batterystats.bin file and deletes the values. From time to time, your device will automatically generate new values
based on the current ROM and current usage (therefore you can calibrate your phone not only when you flash a new ROM).

After a few days of using, you can notice the battery drain is less and less agressive and the battery life is much better than it was after flashing.

Give it a try!

DOWNLOAD:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erycalibration

d3xp2pc
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Is this what happens when you wipe Battery Stats through a custom recovery? I remember a post from a Google engineer who said wiping battery stats has no effect.

Not slating your app my friend, I might be totally wrong.

Edit: this is the article I was referring to: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/

Sent from my Nexus 7
---
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

MiroslavVitula
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xp2pc View Post
Is this what happens when you wipe Battery Stats through a custom recovery? I remember a post from a Google engineer who said wiping battery stats has no effect.

Not slating your app my friend, I might be totally wrong.

Edit: this is the article I was referring to: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/

Sent from my Nexus 7
There's a bit of truth. It really dos not improve your battery life. On the other site, it technically improves. For some people (I believe for vast people, including me), the battery indicator is all messed up after flashing and it may show incorrect value. Also, there have been some cases when a device suddenly turns itself off even if there's (let's say) 40% battery.

This happened in my case. I have flashed my Nexus 7. Everything went perfeclty, especially battery life. It was literally "stuck" on 100% for all day. Suddenly it crashed. The battery just (suddenly) drained to 0%. Formatting the batterystats.bin helped and I no longer suffered from this weird bug.

Thanks for feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to MiroslavVitula For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d3xp2pc
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroslavVitula View Post
There's a bit of truth. It really dos not improve your battery life. On the other site, it technically improves. For some people (I believe for vast people, including me), the battery indicator is all messed up after flashing and it may show incorrect value. Also, there have been some cases when a device suddenly turns itself off even if there's (let's say) 40% battery.

This happened in my case. I have flashed my Nexus 7. Everything went perfeclty, especially battery life. It was literally "stuck" on 100% for all day. Suddenly it crashed. The battery just (suddenly) drained to 0%. Formatting the batterystats.bin helped and I no longer suffered from this weird bug.

Thanks for feedback
I've seen that occur on my Nexus 7 as well and my Galaxy Nexus can go from fully charged to 0 within an hour lol

Sent from my Nexus 7
---
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
Tags
battery, calibration, root