What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

tizen upgrade

1st June 2014, 05:42 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
ive updated my gear to tizen and I love it, watch styler works very well and the interface is clean

only 1 problem I think


I goto gear manager ,then Samsung apps,

completely nothing there, no apps at all


has this happened to anyone else
 
 
1st June 2014, 06:15 PM |#2  
T-Anthony78's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forshaw

ive updated my gear to tizen and I love it, watch styler works very well and the interface is clean

only 1 problem I think


I goto gear manager ,then Samsung apps,

completely nothing there, no apps at all


has this happened to anyone else


How did you get watch styler to work after the upgrade? I also confronted Samsung about the lack of apps for Gear 1 owners now running Tizen (14 available for me), and they said that unfortunately only a few Gear 2 apps are currently compatible for Gear 1 owners- even though internal specs of the 2 watches are nearly identical (not to mention OS is the same).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2775051  
1st June 2014, 06:23 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Anthony78

How did you get watch styler to work after the upgrade? I also confronted Samsung about the lack of apps for Gear 1 owners now running Tizen (14 available for me), and they said that unfortunately only a few Gear 2 apps are currently compatible for Gear 1 owners- even though internal specs of the 2 watches are nearly identical (not to mention OS is the same).


goto gear manager
goto Samsung apps
click the 3 dots for the menu, then purchased
update watchstyler

that's how it works for me
im running Nordic NEE 2.2



my Samsung apps has not even got any catagrys for me
2nd June 2014, 05:48 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
found the solution to my proble, I uninstalled gear manager
then installed the updated gear manager


bingo ive got apps now


but no watchstyler, and can not install watch styler


poo
2nd June 2014, 07:13 PM |#5  
lazer9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 556
 
1,931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Same thing for me. And using the 3 dot method to find watchstyler comes up with nothing.
2nd June 2014, 07:43 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

Same thing for me. And using the 3 dot method to find watchstyler comes up with nothing.

first time I installed tizen,it asked me to restore, I restored and everything worked good, ,just no apps in Samsung app store

watch styler worked and it was the last opion in clocks

it worked with all my rolex watches, analogs, I never tried digital ones before


then I found someone else had the no apps problem, I uninstalled gear manager, then installed the new version....then it told me it will restore my watch to factory settings, it did it,and then I lost everything
watchstyler everything

but now im thinking in the next few weeks there will be a watchstyler for tizen
2nd June 2014, 07:49 PM |#7  
lazer9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 556
 
1,931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forshaw

first time I installed tizen,it asked me to restore, I restored and everything worked good, ,just no apps in Samsung app store

watch styler worked and it was the last opion in clocks

it worked with all my rolex watches, analogs, I never tried digital ones before


then I found someone else had the no apps problem, I uninstalled gear manager, then installed the new version....then it told me it will restore my watch to factory settings, it did it,and then I lost everything
watchstyler everything

but now im thinking in the next few weeks there will be a watchstyler for tizen

That makes sense since I was in the process of installing a fresh ROM on my S4 at the time also and started out completely new with BT pairing to the newly flashed Tizen Gear and let it download Gear Manager from there.

Oh well, goodbye Watchstyler for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes