Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 51,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Razr HD XT926 Kit Kat VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10_1FF.xml.zip

Tip us?

Zeljko1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1846
Have you tried to put your phone in rice? It will drain water from device after few days.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD unlocked with optimized CM11
LG G Pad 8.3 unlocked with LINARO/SABERMOD CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) unlocked with (MROM CM7) CM9 with Polish(ed) 3.1.10 kernel
Nexus 7 unlocked with CM11 my own build

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeljko1234 View Post
Have you tried to put your phone in rice? It will drain water from device after few days.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD
fyi, that rarely works. even if it does, its likely a short term fix. the phone will likely die for good within a month or 3.
if it gets wet, the only hope is to immediately open the phone, dry any water, then put it in rice for several days minimum.
even doing that, the chance of saving it is probably 5% at best.

most people wait a day or 2 before posting to the forum asking for help, by that time its too late.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2854
Rice. No, but I took it apart and blow dried it....didn't help. Doen't matter now. I ordered a used one for $80 bucks that came with a car charger, wall charger, & a car dock (not like I need a third, but still). If you don't need NFC, the extra .2 inches in screen size, the extra 8GB of internal storage, want to upgrade to the EB40 Maxx battery, and are a GSM user, the Atrix HD is the way to go. Thought about getting a 925, but not when it's almost twice the price of an 886 and doesn't even come with a charging cable.

I also saw a lot of broke 8960's on eBay for cheap....I need to save a few hundred dollars and start repairing and refurbishing cell phones for some spare money.

My Dad has dropped & submerged his Atrix HD in the toilet twice now and it still works just fine. The second time he had to rice it for six hours before it automatically turned itself back on. I made him turn it back off and put it in the rice for another 24 hours to be safe. Gave him my phone so he'd shut up.

My water resistant Moto Defy....got drunk, passed out, and left it on the RV's counter next to a Shocktop screen down on my last camping trip. The condensation from the beer left a puddle on the counter that ended up making its digitizer go out. Makes me sad, the Defy is my favorite phone thanks to all the work Quarx has done and is still doing. Gonna update my Bravo (AT&T Defy clone) to CM11 and a 3.0 kernel in a little while -- not bad for a locked bootloader phone that Motorola quit updating on 2.2 Froyo and, IIRC, the omap 3630 platform in general on 2.3 Gingerbread.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
fyi, that rarely works. even if it does, its likely a short term fix. the phone will likely die for good within a month or 3.
if it gets wet, the only hope is to immediately open the phone, dry any water, then put it in rice for several days minimum.
even doing that, the chance of saving it is probably 5% at best.

most people wait a day or 2 before posting to the forum asking for help, by that time its too late.
Depends on the device and how bad it got wet for sure.
Sister: dunked an old school moto flip phone (not the rzr ones) in a bottle warmer for the majority of the night nine years ago, this phone is still going strong.

Roomie: dropped his HTC flyer in the toilet and cracked the screen, we took it apart as much as we could and did rice for 5 days but it's dead dead dead. I think the force of the fall screwed it more than the water did as it is pretty tightly sealed.

Roomie: dropped MY Sandisk Sansa mp3 player in a lake, it was still on playing music when I dove down to get it. I had to pry it apart with limited tools being at a lake and all, did rice for three days. Only worked as a flash drive after (and still does five years later but flash memory doesn't react to water as much as most electronics..I've washed flash drives with no effect).

Other Roomie: Let her kids play with her Note II a few months ago, came back to an otterbox filled with juice. She took it out of the case and wiped it off, came to me a few hours later with a quirky device that was randomly opening programs. I took it apart and put in rice and gave her my Atrix 4G for 2.5 days. This one is going strong with no visible ill-effects.

Me: I've been lucky (knock on wood) to not drown any of my electronics! My first roomie actually has a track record of swimming with phones and MP3 players (silly stoner). We got him a water proof iPod shuffle a few years back and a S5 this year to prevent such doings. In the past he would switch to an old phone so if he did swim, he wouldn't swim with the new device. I do plan on buying some alcohol (95%+) to keep on hand as lots of people swear by it to clean water and other things off of devices.