Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 deodex

Tip us?

thedoseofdopeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] 4.4.2 deodex

Is anyone on the special 4.4.2 nc2 having a problem with rotation where it works on reboot then doesn't after five to ten min. My auto brightness is also flaky I've updated to the Bajarom12 and 13 and the issues persist. Also have had a com.sec.android.keyguard failure with the lock screen but noticed nothing different. I've looked through the threads and haven't found anything any help or links would be appreciated
Thank you

LBJM
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I personally use rotation locker and manually rotate my screen. I can't help you with the auto brightness, but as a rule of thumb when having problems with roms it's always best to wipe dalvik cache and regular cache in recovery. If that does not work you need to make a nandriod backup to a microsd card and then wipe your data also in recovery and start fresh and see if you still have the problem (most likely you will not).
The Following User Says Thank You to LBJM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedoseofdopeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM View Post
I personally use rotation locker and manually rotate my screen. I can't help you with the auto brightness, but as a rule of thumb when having problems with roms it's always best to wipe dalvik cache and regular cache in recovery. If that does not work you need to make a nandriod backup to a microsd card and then wipe your data also in recovery and start fresh and see if you still have the problem (most likely you will not).
thank you for the quick reply :] I have done a dalvik cache, cache, system, data, every time and have installed deodex 4.4.2, new hyperdrive, and baja 14. I also flashed the n900vkk firmware md5 file in AP in Odin after doing the fresh installs to see if that would change anything and sometimes it will rotate the first few minutes after restart then sometimes just not at all. Thank you for the rotation locker recom. I downloaded it and am using it right now

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoseofdopeness View Post
thank you for the quick reply :] I have done a dalvik cache, cache, system, data, every time and have installed deodex 4.4.2, new hyperdrive, and baja 14. I also flashed the n900vkk firmware md5 file in AP in Odin after doing the fresh installs to see if that would change anything and sometimes it will rotate the first few minutes after restart then sometimes just not at all. Thank you for the rotation locker recom. I downloaded it and am using it right now
i have read many times about rotation issue being linked to freezing/removing some of what is considered bloat. there is an ongoing thread right here about it. hope that helps.
Tags
4.4.2, auto, brightness, rotation