[Q] 4.4.2 deodex

OP thedoseofdopeness

2nd June 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
Is anyone on the special 4.4.2 nc2 having a problem with rotation where it works on reboot then doesn't after five to ten min. My auto brightness is also flaky I've updated to the Bajarom12 and 13 and the issues persist. Also have had a com.sec.android.keyguard failure with the lock screen but noticed nothing different. I've looked through the threads and haven't found anything any help or links would be appreciated
Thank you
2nd June 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

330 posts
More
I personally use rotation locker and manually rotate my screen. I can't help you with the auto brightness, but as a rule of thumb when having problems with roms it's always best to wipe dalvik cache and regular cache in recovery. If that does not work you need to make a nandriod backup to a microsd card and then wipe your data also in recovery and start fresh and see if you still have the problem (most likely you will not).
The Following User Says Thank You to LBJM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM

I personally use rotation locker and manually rotate my screen. I can't help you with the auto brightness, but as a rule of thumb when having problems with roms it's always best to wipe dalvik cache and regular cache in recovery. If that does not work you need to make a nandriod backup to a microsd card and then wipe your data also in recovery and start fresh and see if you still have the problem (most likely you will not).

thank you for the quick reply :] I have done a dalvik cache, cache, system, data, every time and have installed deodex 4.4.2, new hyperdrive, and baja 14. I also flashed the n900vkk firmware md5 file in AP in Odin after doing the fresh installs to see if that would change anything and sometimes it will rotate the first few minutes after restart then sometimes just not at all. Thank you for the rotation locker recom. I downloaded it and am using it right now
2nd June 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 284

993 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoseofdopeness

thank you for the quick reply :] I have done a dalvik cache, cache, system, data, every time and have installed deodex 4.4.2, new hyperdrive, and baja 14. I also flashed the n900vkk firmware md5 file in AP in Odin after doing the fresh installs to see if that would change anything and sometimes it will rotate the first few minutes after restart then sometimes just not at all. Thank you for the rotation locker recom. I downloaded it and am using it right now

i have read many times about rotation issue being linked to freezing/removing some of what is considered bloat. there is an ongoing thread right here about it. hope that helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, auto, brightness, rotation
Previous Thread Next Thread