FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Rooting S4 Help

558 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By choccy31, Senior Member on 31st May 2014, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys,

what's best way to root my S4 Please.

I have UK Version GT-I9505

I saw this link, is this option I should do?

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-442-k...torial-1558910

Thanks
 
 
31st May 2014, 09:12 AM |#2  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 1,073
 
Donate to Me
More
the best and easiest way
download & flash touch philz Recovery via Odin
then go to recovery and select touch philz settings > re-root system > > yes apply ( Supersu )
Then download supersu from google play
and open SuperSu app and he will ask you how do you want to update binary, just click normal
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbaBand For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 09:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand

the best and easiest way
download & flash touch philz Recovery via Odin
then go to recovery and select touch philz settings > re-root system > > yes apply ( Supersu )
Then download supersu from google play
and open SuperSu app and he will ask you how do you want to update binary, just click normal

Hi,

That all ok for 4.4.2?
31st May 2014, 09:17 AM |#4  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31

Guys,

what's best way to root my S4 Please.

I have UK Version GT-I9505

I saw this link, is this option I should do?

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-442-k...torial-1558910

Thanks

Yes that's fine to follow or there's more info on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2219803
2nd June 2014, 10:56 AM |#5  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 1,073
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31

Hi,

That all ok for 4.4.2?

ya !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubbaBand For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 02:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
remmeber the knox flag will be tripped to 0x1 and if you are still under warranty, you will lose it
The Following User Says Thank You to Poroto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 09:00 PM |#7  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto

remmeber the knox flag will be tripped to 0x1 and if you are still under warranty, you will lose it

you will not lose the warranty if you live in Europe!

Sent from my GT-I9505 Sammy Deluxe S5 Rom "Jello Biafra"
2nd June 2014, 09:29 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattan1999

you will not lose the warranty if you live in Europe!

Sent from my GT-I9505 Sammy Deluxe S5 Rom "Jello Biafra"

oh thats cool, i do not live in europe but anyway, good to know
The Following User Says Thank You to Poroto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 09:30 PM |#9  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Yeah

Sent from my GT-I9505 Sammy Deluxe S5 Rom "Jello Biafra"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes