Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] car charging for sm-t210

Tip us?

chris45389
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] car charging for sm-t210

hi, does anyone have a solution. when i plug my note 3 7" in it doesn't even register as being plugged in. do other roms correct this problem? or is there another solution. I've tried different plugs with outputs that say they are the same as the wall outlets (which charges fine)

This is a major problem as i only got this tablet to replace my car stereo. I have everything done and wired up, but now I have a tablet that can't charge while in the car.

Any solution and I would be very grateful. thanks.

Nonta72
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Bump...

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GodIsDead
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45389 View Post
hi, does anyone have a solution. when i plug my note 3 7" in it doesn't even register as being plugged in. do other roms correct this problem? or is there another solution. I've tried different plugs with outputs that say they are the same as the wall outlets (which charges fine)

This is a major problem as i only got this tablet to replace my car stereo. I have everything done and wired up, but now I have a tablet that can't charge while in the car.

Any solution and I would be very grateful. thanks.
Bump

mustangzrule
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sa, me issue. Nobody else care to use this as a GPS and not kill the battery?

EqUaTe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangzrule View Post
Sa, me issue. Nobody else care to use this as a GPS and not kill the battery?

Chances are your adapter isn't putting out enough amperage.
What is it rated for? The tablet really wants 2A, though it seems to work ok with 1A. That said, it also seems to be a bit funny about cables.
I only just got mine yesterday, so early days, but have noticed some charging weirdness.

mustangzrule
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My charger says 2.1A and is capable of charging an iPad. I tried 2 different cables, both data cables but they both work in a wall charger.

I was hoping someone would tell me to update to CM and all would work fine because there are some odd UI glitches in the touchwiz, especially bluetooth disconnecting.

I dont want to root and ROM unless I know these problems will go away. I will return this thing if the problem is unsolvable. I have about a week left.