Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help about rooting and keeping OTA updates

Tip us?

nasser.owainat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tutorial Help about rooting and keeping OTA updates

Hey all,
At first you should know that I am a n00b when it comes to HTC devices because I am coming from Samsung Galaxy note 1 n7000 so please consider telling more details
I didn't receive the phone yet but I want to root it as soon as I power and I want to keep the OTA updates
I have seen the thread in the development section but I didn't understand anything :/
So please write a full tutorial so everyone can understand the awesome mods and tutorials you developers write
Here is the link to that thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755657
Thanks

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3004
If you don't understand the guide already written, keep reading it until you do understand and then give it a go. No one is going to spoon feed you here I'm afraid...
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Here you go, all done for you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699065

nasser.owainat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Thanks
If I root in this method will I receive OTA updates ?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser.owainat View Post
Thanks
If I root in this method will I receive OTA updates ?
DON'T use toolkits. What if something goes wrong and the toolkit can't help? What do you do then? Read up on everything, e.g. adb/fastboot commands, and then it'll all make sense...
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
DON'T use toolkits. What if something goes wrong and the toolkit can't help? What do you do then? Read up on everything, e.g. adb/fastboot commands, and then it'll all make sense...
Then you ask here.
Sometimes for beginners it can all be a little daunting and information overload, things can still go wrong doing things manually, many guides assume too much of the user. I think that gets forgotten here. Toolkits can ease the newbie in.