Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z1 C6903 Vodaphone, Bootloader unlock : not allowed. How to ?

Tip us?

sky.watsher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Xperia Z1 C6903 Vodaphone, Bootloader unlock : not allowed. How to ?

Dear All,

First i thank you for you huge contribution to human needs in this planet ! You Rock dear community.

I'm more a reader than a contributor in most forums, i usually find the answers only by searching other people posts, but this time i couldn't find an answer .

I have an Xperia Z1 C6903, Vodaphone (i guess from spain), running Kitkat 4.4.2 with latest firmware 14.3.A.0.757.

I was trying to root it, i red practically all the methods here in the forums & elsewhere, and there was always one step that i couldn't bypass : UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER.

I took my code from Sony website, i tried many methods in vain. In my Phone it shows of course : Bootloader unlocking allowed : NO

My question is very simple : Is there on earth (even on other planets i can take the trip) any method to unlock my bootloader ?

Thanking you All in advance, and apologizing if this question is already answered in another topic, i really couldn't find it.

Awaiting your Help Dear Community.

Best Regards,

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
NO! There is no way to unlock it, there is no way around. Sony will generate the Code from your IMEI anyway but if will not work. Do not even try on Earth to find a way because there is not.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
There is absolutely no need to unlock the bootloader in order to root.

Which is good news for you because you cannot unlock anyway.

In order to get root on the latest firmware then you just need to follow the link in my signature

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sky.watsher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
There is absolutely no need to unlock the bootloader in order to root.

Which is good news for you because you cannot unlock anyway.

In order to get root on the latest firmware then you just need to follow the link in my signature
Thanks All for your quick responses !

@gregbradley, excuse my question, but have you done this before on unlocked Z1 ? i mean will have full access to my phone ? (Install Super user, Titanium backup ... etc etc )

Thnaks Again.

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
once or twice

Just follow the 3 steps in the link

There is no need to unlock the bootloader, no need to backup TA partition (You only do that id you are unlocking the bootloader anyway), no need to use any dodgy rooting methods (Like Vroot etc)

Flash a 534 FTF
Install dual recovery
Flash a pre rooted rom

Takes about 10 minutes

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sky.watsher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
once or twice

Just follow the 3 steps in the link

There is no need to unlock the bootloader, no need to backup TA partition (You only do that id you are unlocking the bootloader anyway), no need to use any dodgy rooting methods (Like Vroot etc)

Flash a 534 FTF
Install dual recovery
Flash a pre rooted rom

Takes about 10 minutes
Thanks Again,

I'll do it once home. I'll keep you posted with the results.

Cheers !

sky.watsher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky.watsher View Post
Thanks Again,

I'll do it once home. I'll keep you posted with the results.

Cheers !
Dear gregbradley,

can you please give me more informations about step 3 ? i couldnt find threads with [pre rooted] title, which developpment section , the genral one ? or the Z1 ?

Thanks in Advance.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
can you please give me more informations about step 3 ? i couldnt find threads with [pre rooted] title, which developpment section , the genral one ? or the Z1 ?
Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982

Start from line How to update to 14.3.A.0.757...
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

sky.watsher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982

Start from line How to update to 14.3.A.0.757...
Hello Again,

Done ! The method worked for me, my Z1 is fully rooted now even with my locked bootloader ! Thanks again

Only, and for those reading this post, specially Xperia Z1 C6903 owners, for step one you have to pick a specific FTF file and not any FTF ending with 534, The only one working (and gaining you Root access later on the process) is FW 14.1.G.1.534

Although you are on a recent FW, don't worry, after accomplishing the other steps, you will be back to the latest one.

N.B i tried many of the FTF ending with 534, but it didn't work except for FW 14.1.G.1.534

Cheers.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Thanks again
Remember to hit it.

The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]