Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need help please

Tip us?

galaxyman4g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default I need help please

I'm look for the sprint logo thanks on galaxy note 3 thank you for your help sorry if this has been ask

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

galaxyman4g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
I will look more thank you

jimzweb1
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyman4g View Post
I will look more thank you

I assume you are talking about the sprint logo that starts after the Samsung logo, on the boot up and shut down of the device. You need to have your phone rooted, and have some type of file manager like Root Explorer. Then go to system/media there you will find three files 1. SPR_bootsamsung.qmp 2. SPR_bootsamsungloop.qmp 3. SPR_shutdown.qmp. The last time I messed with this I permanently lost my sprint logo. So be careful !!! MAKE A BACKUP FIRST. It seems to me I deleted the second file and the Samsung logo keeps working and the sprint logo stopped.

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1 View Post
I assume you are talking about the sprint logo that starts after the Samsung logo, on the boot up and shut down of the device. You need to have your phone rooted, and have some type of file manager like Root Explorer. Then go to system/media there you will find three files 1. SPR_bootsamsung.qmp 2. SPR_bootsamsungloop.qmp 3. SPR_shutdown.qmp. The last time I messed with this I permanently lost my sprint logo. So be careful !!! MAKE A BACKUP FIRST. It seems to me I deleted the second file and the Samsung logo keeps working and the sprint logo stopped.
I found those files in a stock MJ4 ROM zip I had saved but they are all *.qmg. Is that what you meant or is that a compressed version of the files?

EDIT: Those files are .qmg on my phone too so I do think that's what you meant.

jimzweb1
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I found those files in a stock MJ4 ROM zip I had saved but they are all *.qmg. Is that what you meant or is that a compressed version of the files?

EDIT: Those files are .qmg on my phone too so I do think that's what you meant.
The qmp files on the zip are compressed. The files I listed earlier would be found in the rom on your device with a file manager. Those would NOT be compressed and in use. I would copy and paste those files to an external sdcard or a pc. You can use your internal sdcard, but if something happens and you have to do a reset, you may not be able to get back to those files.

galaxyman4g
Old
(Last edited by galaxyman4g; 2nd June 2014 at 08:33 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Yes the yellow sprint logo thank for help

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1 View Post
The qmp files on the zip are compressed. The files I listed earlier would be found in the rom on your device with a file manager. Those would NOT be compressed and in use. I would copy and paste those files to an external sdcard or a pc. You can use your internal sdcard, but if something happens and you have to do a reset, you may not be able to get back to those files.
Every file in /system/media on my phone and in the same directory of the CWM zip install file on my computer are all .qmg files. I have no .qmp files anywhere. Do you by chance have a weird font on your phone that is messing up the 'g' and 'p'?

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyman4g View Post
Yes the yellow sprint logo thank for help

If you don't already have a stock ROM zip on your computer (which you should), you can download one and extract them from there.

galaxyman4g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Thanks for all your help I find it went back stock re rooted all good