[Q] how to disable the "logo" hardware button? sense 6

Search This thread

Nikguy

Sep 5, 2012
First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
First off, I am using the "nusense six" Rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2693502) and have the HTC one m7.

I have never used the stock sense six firmware but I have noticed that on this Rom, if you tap on the screen just above the HTC logo, it acts as if you pressed a hardware menu button (the menu for the app you are on pops up).

This feature is interesting, but the problem is that when I type and push the spacebar ever so slightly too low on the screen, the keyboard closes and the menu pops up. This has finally become annoying enough for me to make this post and I hope someone can help me disable this feature. Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a relitively stock sense six Rom without this thing, please let me know.

It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nikguy

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?

That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.

Reactions: mordango

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's just a kernel setting. You should be able to disable it using Trickster Mod.

I have browsed Trickster and can find no way to change this button layout. When I installed NuSense, I chose the option for logo button to be "home" plus "recent apps" out of curiosity. Now I want it back to stock. Where in Trickster mod can one change this?

That's not in trickster. Just reflash the Rom without wiping and select the stock option.