Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root

Tip us?

slgdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root

I updated my system to 4.4.2 KitKat ota. Now I can't get my phone to root.. I have tried Odin and chainfire root method and it says pass but it won't root or install SuperSU any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

jwigley24
Old
Thanks Meter 45
To root u need to flash a recovery thru odin and then boot to recovery and flash superuser
Devices
Sprint HTC One M8
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC EVO Shift 4G
Amazon Kindle Fire

slgdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I was told to flash philz recovery through Odin and check the root option. But I don't see that option! So do I need to flash SuperSU through Odin or recovery?? Thanks for the info..

Sent from my LG-US780 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1,640
I flashed it through recovery.

droid716
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
You need to Odin recovery of choice (I recommend philz latest) boot into recovery, and flash the SuperSU zip file, boot phone back into system, open supersu (if it force closes go into play store and update it) do necessary updating and disabling knox and viola you're rooted. Hope I helped.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 rocking Bilgerryan's Wicked X Rom, with the fluidity script, tweaked out with a bunch of Xposed modules, powered by Ktoonsez KT747 Kernel

DigiPimp75
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I did the same thing suggested here and it worked just fine for me. Flashed Philz and then the chainfire root and then got myself the Wicked X rom and Im never going back to stock except for the theme look