Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in download mode

Tip us?

wolfen1086
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Default Stuck in download mode

Hell, I recently rooted a SGH-M919 with jf autoroot and odin, followed the instructuions the firmwre is NB4, and it worked great for a few days, now it turned off on its own and upon turning back on it is stuck in download mode, no knox trip or anything just stuck, and it doesn't seem to be downloading anything because its been like this since 1am est.
Dos this phone need a complete return to stock and fully root with custom recovery or just a return to stock and start over?
sent from a long time ago

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086 View Post
Hell, I recently rooted a SGH-M919 with jf autoroot and odin, followed the instructuions the firmwre is NB4, and it worked great for a few days, now it turned off on its own and upon turning back on it is stuck in download mode, no knox trip or anything just stuck, and it doesn't seem to be downloading anything because its been like this since 1am est.
Dos this phone need a complete return to stock and fully root with custom recovery or just a return to stock and start over?
I'd just restore to stock using Odin if it's only in download mode. Can't image what else to try if it won't even boot to recovery.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

wolfen1086
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
I'd just restore to stock using Odin if it's only in download mode. Can't image what else to try if it won't even boot to recovery.
Thanks, I have the stock software on the hard drive already, all I need is to hook it up. I'll stock it and do a complete full root includeing teh recovery, the old fashioned way cause this is the first time I have EVER had a phone I rooted for myself or anybody else do that.
sent from a long time ago