Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whatsapp soundmessage sounds wierd

Tip us?

sumpf2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Whatsapp soundmessage sounds wierd

I used to use the memo function from whatsapp allot (the button right next to the textfield)

But now since i got my Z1 for two weeks i cant use this function anymore.
I can record and send this messages fine, but when someone (or myself) listens to them they are not understandable.
Volume goes up and down and it sounds like a really bad robot voice..

Mic works well with camera and phone and sound messages from other people work fine also... So WTF is the problem?

Thanks in advance
current device: Sony Xperia Z1
old devices: Xperia Z / Nexus 4 / HTC One / HTC One X / Galaxy S3 / iPhone 4S / Galaxy S2 / HTC Desire / Lg Optimus 2x / Galaxy Ace

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
WTF knows?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

sumpf2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
WTF knows?
haha, very funny.

Nobody with the same problem? :/
old devices: Xperia Z / Nexus 4 / HTC One / HTC One X / Galaxy S3 / iPhone 4S / Galaxy S2 / HTC Desire / Lg Optimus 2x / Galaxy Ace

7sen
Old
Thanks Meter 166
WHEN YOU TALK BUT SONY LOGO ( UPPER SCREEN ) NEAR FROM YOU MOUTH

AND TELL ME FEEDBACK
Rom(AOSP) Tester For Honami JUST pm ME
Current device
SONY XPERIA Z1 ( BLACK ) + 32 SD ULTRA
Previous device
HTC ONE ( BLACK 32 GB ) = Status =MOTHERBOARD DEAD
Tablet
Pipo max-M1

The Following User Says Thank You to 7sen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sen View Post
WHEN YOU TALK BUT SONY LOGO ( UPPER SCREEN ) NEAR FROM YOU MOUTH

AND TELL ME FEEDBACK
So you telling me that I have to speak to the Speaker?
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

7sen
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
yes near the front camera give a shot
Rom(AOSP) Tester For Honami JUST pm ME
Current device
SONY XPERIA Z1 ( BLACK ) + 32 SD ULTRA
Previous device
HTC ONE ( BLACK 32 GB ) = Status =MOTHERBOARD DEAD
Tablet
Pipo max-M1

Steve_max
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Try talking to the secondary microphone, which is the grill on the top back of the device, near the main camera and directly opposite to the speaker. There is a known Whatsapp bug where it confuses the main and secondary microphones on some devices, including many S800 phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_max For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_max View Post
Try talking to the secondary microphone, which is the grill on the top back of the device, near the main camera and directly opposite to the speaker. There is a known Whatsapp bug where it confuses the main and secondary microphones on some devices, including many S800 phones.
I know, this is what I ment, it should be said to speak to the second microphone and not to the front speaker. Also it's a news to me that Whatsapp confuse the main microphone with the second, this will explain all. I will try later and report.

sumpf2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_max View Post

This is REALLY working! I had that in mind somehow but i never tested it because i thought this would be too wierd..

Some apps like telegramm work with normal mic, but if you use the secondary they get much better and louder soundmessages.

whatsapp is still not very loud when using the secondary microphone but its working finally! thanks allot!