Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review of the S-View Wireless charging cover and wireless charging pad

Tip us?

LorenZacci
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, does anyone know if there are third party wireless charging Qi-certified cases available? The Samsung Wireless Charging Cover didn't fit in any case so I had to return it in exchange for the S-View Flip Cover...but I'm not completely satisfied with it either. The Samsung Mini Wireless Charging Pad seems nice but it's out-of-stock everywhere. Where did you guys get yours? I found a seller online that sells it for $39 USD, but I see that the version model is EP-PG900IBEGWW so I'm not sure if it's compatible...

kill_dano
Old
Thanks Meter 44
So how do all of you feel about the whole S-view thing? is it a pain to open and have the flap?

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
So how do all of you feel about the whole S-view thing? is it a pain to open and have the flap?
Personally, I love it

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
DUDES!!!

crazy deal alert!!!!

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/ac...id=aqbV1QTbPJK

$5 each and if you buy 3 or more, you get 25% off, so I got 3 for $11.25

Here is a review of it

http://unleashthephones.com/2013/01/...pillow-review/

Get them while they last!!

akash_84
Old
Thanks Meter 4
For those that have this - Does the phone charge if it was placed on the wireless charging unit/receiver when the flap is folded back?

I want to grab a QI car dock but obviously when docked, the flap would be folded back so I can use the sat nav etc. Wondering if it will charge or not.

Thanks in advance

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_84 View Post
For those that have this - Does the phone charge if it was placed on the wireless charging unit/receiver when the flap is folded back?

I want to grab a QI car dock but obviously when docked, the flap would be folded back so I can use the sat nav etc. Wondering if it will charge or not.

Thanks in advance
Haven't tried that yet, but I do know it doesn't work face down

-Sent from Tapatalk

johnhkhk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Tried that and sadly it doesn't charge that way. It's probably because when the flap is folded back it's too thick for the wireless charging unit/receiver to work. Am considering getting the Air Dock...Has anyone used that? Would love to hear if anyone has experience using the Air Dock (if the phone is really secure on it and won't fell off on bumpy roads!)

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Just tried it and it works with flap folded back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhkhk View Post
Tried that and sadly it doesn't charge that way. It's probably because when the flap is folded back it's too thick for the wireless charging unit/receiver to work. Am considering getting the Air Dock...Has anyone used that? Would love to hear if anyone has experience using the Air Dock (if the phone is really secure on it and won't fell off on bumpy roads!)
Weird. What kind of pad are you using? It works with the flap folded back with the older samsung pad.
Here are stock pictures of the older pad

-Sent from Tapatalk

johnhkhk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post

Weird. What kind of pad are you using? It works with the flap folded back with the older samsung pad.

-Sent from Tapatalk
You are right it does actually work! Maybe it was just a little bit difficult to position it right (I'm using the mini charging pad as the OP) on the car dock.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Haven't tried that yet, but I do know it doesn't work face down

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote:

Quote:

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote:
You are right it does actually work! Maybe it was just a little bit difficult to position it right (I'm using the mini charging pad as the OP) on the car dock.
It's really fussy with the cover folded back though.

You have to get it just in the right position, and even then it takes a few more seconds to recognize the charge

-Sent from Tapatalk