Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Red Screen after LDC Replacement

Tip us?

caseyryback21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Red Screen after LDC Replacement

I have an original Nexus 7 bought right when it came out and have not had any issues with it. Recently the glass was cracked so I purchased a touch screen and digitizer and decided to replace it myself.

Things went well , only had a little difficulty separating the bezel adhesive but did get it off successfully. Connected everything and reassembled easily but when powering on the screen is all red background instead of black. Can see the Google logo in white clearly and the boot animation but everything that should be black is red. I rechecked all the ribbon cables and everything is secure.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be now? Could it be the small LCD to motherboard cable was damaged during removal and needs replaced?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

caseyryback21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Well I just ordered a new LCD to motherboard ribbon cable off eBay for $8. I'll report back of that fixed it or not. If not time to save up for a new one I suppose.

caseyryback21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I am happy to report that replacing the LCD to motherboard ribbon cable solved my issue. Hopefully someone else will find use of this one day.