Root Help

Search This thread

wing-zero

Oct 31, 2012
Need a bit of help rooting. I have 4.4.2 installed. Downloaded CF-Auto-Root with Odin 3.07. Ran Odin after a restarted the phone with volume down menu power etc. Everything seems to run ok no errors, but yet i run rootcheck, its not rooted. any advice?

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Need a bit of help rooting. I have 4.4.2 installed. Downloaded CF-Auto-Root with Odin 3.07. Ran Odin after a restarted the phone with volume down menu power etc. Everything seems to run ok no errors, but yet i run rootcheck, its not rooted. any advice?

Look in the app Drawer if you have the SuperSu App.. if its not there.. go to the playstore and download it.. and open and then recheck for root.c

Reactions: wing-zero

wing-zero

Oct 31, 2012
Okay then try the following... run the CF-auto root.. and re open Supersu. if that fails odin full stock, download app and the run CF auto root and that should do it... if not let me know... we can try something else

just to be certain, u want me to try flashin stock rom if CF-auto root fails?

wing-zero

Oct 31, 2012
just run Cf auto root for now... and try re opening the supersu app.
let me ask you before you do anything else.. do you have a Custom Recovery installed?..

and do you have hangout? I can help you trouble shoot faster that way..

if you do add me Mr.jay.jay66@gmail.com

ok , got good news, reran the cf-auto root. had to manually install supersu again, but this time it allowed me to get around Knox! Thanks for the effort. Not sure why it works now but it does!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Look in the app Drawer if you have the SuperSu App.. if its not there.. go to the playstore and download it.. and open and then recheck for root.c
    thanks for the tip, just did that, running SuperSu, seems samsung Knox is blocking it somehow

didn't the superSu app gave u the option to disable knox?? it always gives that pop up when I root a phone..
    I click SUpersu and the 1st thing that pops up it's a window that says if u want to disable knox.
    it did give me the option , but it says "Failed to disable Know!"

Okay then try the following... run the CF-auto root.. and re open Supersu. if that fails odin full stock, download app and the run CF auto root and that should do it... if not let me know... we can try something else
    just to be certain, u want me to try flashin stock rom if CF-auto root fails?

just run Cf auto root for now... and try re opening the supersu app.
    let me ask you before you do anything else.. do you have a Custom Recovery installed?..

and do you have hangout? I can help you trouble shoot faster that way..
    ok , got good news, reran the cf-auto root. had to manually install supersu again, but this time it allowed me to get around Knox! Thanks for the effort. Not sure why it works now but it does!

Awesome... good to hear.. It does that sometimes.. but I'm glad it works now...