No registration required

Problem trying to get s off

OP snwman

29th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

567 posts
More
Just trying to get s off on international m8. Phone is unlocked and have root access with super su. Have all the steps for getting a off. But when trying to push firewater for those who did it already the second line of command. It says cannot stat firewater. Now the firewater file is on the platform tools folder where it should be.

I even copied the file to the phone and to the data/local/temp folder as well but still no luck. Driving me mental

Only other thing I can ser is people saying delete the .bin extension at the end of the firewater file but I can't see any on the phone or on the pc

Either in doing something stupid or just don't bother with it. But I want it to unlock SIM
31st May 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

567 posts
More
So manage to get a but if Lee way. Switched computers today and eventually got it working but now I cannot get root access she. I type adb shell. Everything looks right in adb but supersu does not give me an option. To grant root access for adb shell
31st May 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Zurich (Switzerland)
Thanks Meter: 30

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwman

So manage to get a but if Lee way. Switched computers today and eventually got it working but now I cannot get root access she. I type adb shell. Everything looks right in adb but supersu does not give me an option. To grant root access for adb shell

Try ignoring this and finish typing all the commands, then wait for a while and you should eventually be prompted. This was my experience at least.

Also, unless you have already done so, do not install the last OTA update until you are done, it has been reported to block firewater.
1st June 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 101

416 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Antitoon

last OTA update until you are done, it has been reported to block firewater.

1.57 OTA does block firewater on my phone. Wish I had read this first
2nd June 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #5  
Flag Zurich (Switzerland)
Thanks Meter: 30

343 posts
More
Are you sure this is the problem? Firewater doesn't work on all phones, regarding of OTAs. Does it give you the 'whelp' message, does it exit abruptly or what else? In the first case it shouldn't depend on the OTA.
3rd June 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 101

416 posts
More
Whelp here. Tried a couple dozen times, and with a file transfer too. Never got to a bottle.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread