Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Cyanogenmod Unofficial 11 update?

OP mattmejia

27th May 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70547&page=180

I am talking about this btw but does updating this rom the same as others? Install the rom again and just clear cache?
27th May 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 760
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70547&page=180

I am talking about this btw but does updating this rom the same as others? Install the rom again and just clear cache?

What you're asking and identified is the standard operating procedures with ROM updates and is stated in the dev thread already.
28th May 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

What you're asking and identified is the standard operating procedures with ROM updates and is stated in the dev thread already.

The update section that is on the thread is telling me to wipe my phone which is something I don't want to do
28th May 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #4  
billycar11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia

The update section that is on the thread is telling me to wipe my phone which is something I don't want to do

just formant system then install rom then gapps and wipe dalvick
The Following User Says Thank You to billycar11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #5  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001
 
4,873 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia

The update section that is on the thread is telling me to wipe my phone which is something I don't want to do

Wiping data is required for installing all custom roms.
Backup data you want to keep, anything you don't want to lose should be backed up anyways...
See my before installing a custom rom link in my list.
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid X (MB810)

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #6  
m.ksy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rivne, Ukraine
Thanks Meter: 1,081
 
589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
mattmejia talks about update, and not first installing from stock or any other ROM
wipe data not required in this case.
3rd June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ksy

mattmejia talks about update, and not first installing from stock or any other ROM
wipe data not required in this case.

I only clear cache correct?
3rd June 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #8  
billycar11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia

The update section that is on the thread is telling me to wipe my phone which is something I don't want to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmejia

I only clear cache correct?

no^

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11

just formant system then install rom then gapps and wipe dalvick

Just follow my previous post no data will be lost.
Last edited by billycar11; 4th June 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes