Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slimmest Note 2014 Case?

Tip us?

utvol10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Slimmest Note 2014 Case?

Hi all,

Just curious to see if anybody can point me to a good quality, ultra-slim case for my new 2014 (my second one, using it mainly for play while the other is for work). I've tried the usual MoKo, iPoetic, etc. cases and while they're great and cheap, I'm looking for something even thinner that's form fitting. I've done countless searches but all I can find are essentially the rebranded types of cases that I mentioned above. Is there anything like this out there? Thanks!

fezzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure how thin you're going for, but the Poetic Slimline adds almost nothing, fits perfectly, and it's been great for travel use.

Note10.1Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I did a little review on a slim case that adds no measurable size over in the cases thread. I still use both of these - the slim case on all of the time and the sleeve for storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude View Post
OK, I'm back with a couple of cases I have picked up.

First, the BuiltNY Neoprene Sleeve for iPads. Once I got it, I figured it was designed for an iPAD2 with a case on it. It is a bit big, but not huge. It has a foam insert for packing, and if you leave it in, it fits the Note 10.1 well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also just got a slim case shipped from Hong Kong. It is very thin and does improve the grip of the Note. I'm not a fan of the back and sides of the Note, and this is an improvement without adding much size. It covers the buttons, but they are easily pushed through the case. It is very thin, so protection is pretty minimal, but it covers the corners. Quality isn't perfect, but it isn't bad.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Photos attached...

Ahmedmoataz
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Why dont u use the original samsung case? A little expensive yeah.....but its great quality and very slim

Timmy_01
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmedmoataz View Post
Why dont u use the original samsung case? A little expensive yeah.....but its great quality and very slim
I agree!
Cassiopeia 125 - Toshiba e750 - Loox N560 - ETEN X800 - HTC Touch HD - HTC HD2 - Galaxy Note

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmedmoataz View Post
This. It's super slim and feels nice.

dougiefresh181
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Incipio has a nice shell style case, but its kind of pricey for just having a thin piece of plastic on the back of your tab. I still love mine though. The grey rubberized finish looks great on the white tablet and hides that ugly, flimsy back cover
Pretty fly for a wi-fi