Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera app startup lag/delay

Tip us?

arian08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera app startup lag/delay

Hey guys,

I've upgraded from S4 to S5 and the most noticeable (negative) change is that the camera takes significantly longer to start (from 1-2 seconds on S4 to 4-5 seconds on S5).

A couple of seconds might not sound a lot, but it is very frustrating when you want to capture the moment, and because your camera is taking forever to start, you miss it.

I know 2 other friends who has this complaint as well. Are there are any solutions to make the startup faster?

Thanks in advance

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 198
the lastest update firmware fix this issue, it improves camera speed, mine takes only 2-3 seconds to start up (with external sd card), its faster without sd card.
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Device: Galaxy S5 G900I
ROM: XtreStoLite ROM by @edgarf28
Kernel: KT Kernel by @ktoonsez with modified ktoonsifized v2 profile

arian08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I do have the latest update I believe (when I check for updates, it says it's up to date).

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 198
i would recommend you to flash firmware, not ota update. or you could back up your apps and do factory reset to see if there is any improvement

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

jopat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
My stock OS opens the camera fast, after the update it became3x slower. I should have not updated. I'm thinking the culprit is the first update because the phone prompted the first update the instant it first time it connects to the internet. I only did the updates after a month since I have no issues. But then the second update was already available and I thought to myself that I should not miss more than 1 update. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don;t fix it.

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 198
that's why i would recommend to reflash latest stock firmware, i personally don't trust ota update

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk