No registration required

[Q] Already Rooted error with Weaksauce on Verizon One Max

OP jeremytanner

14th May 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
More
I've searched through multiple forums and can't find this repeated anywhere else. I was hoping to post it as a question on a Weaksauce thread, but all of them have been closed.

I am attempting to use Weaksauce on a Verizon HTC One Max with the 4.4.2 update. It tells me I'm already rooted, but I'm not.

I originally rooted the unit using Rumrunner back when it was on 4.3, and was successful. Then Verizon pushed an update out, and I lost root. However, it left SuperSU as an installed app in /system, which I cannot uninstall. SuperSU is not able to install binaries, and I can't remove it. But I'm guessing that, because it is an installed app, Weaksauce believes the unit to already be rooted. I have fastboot off, but restarting the unit doesn't do anything for the situation.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of the traces of the previous SuperSU, or whatever it takes to make Weaksauce run?
14th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytanner

I've searched through multiple forums and can't find this repeated anywhere else. I was hoping to post it as a question on a Weaksauce thread, but all of them have been closed.

I am attempting to use Weaksauce on a Verizon HTC One Max with the 4.4.2 update. It tells me I'm already rooted, but I'm not.

I originally rooted the unit using Rumrunner back when it was on 4.3, and was successful. Then Verizon pushed an update out, and I lost root. However, it left SuperSU as an installed app in /system, which I cannot uninstall. SuperSU is not able to install binaries, and I can't remove it. But I'm guessing that, because it is an installed app, Weaksauce believes the unit to already be rooted. I have fastboot off, but restarting the unit doesn't do anything for the situation.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of the traces of the previous SuperSU, or whatever it takes to make Weaksauce run?

If you used Rumrunner on 4.3 you should be S-OFF. If so then you can just flash TWRP and root no problem I believe
The Following User Says Thank You to JBS976 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS976

If you used Rumrunner on 4.3 you should be S-OFF. If so then you can just flash TWRP and root no problem I believe

Okay, thanks!
18th May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Corn Country
Thanks Meter: 328

485 posts
More
none
In all likelyhood you have lost root, I believe that update also updates the bootloader. Download a root checker from the playstore and see if you still have root, if you don't you will have to start all over again. Your OTA was very likely not a rooted rom.

NEVER EVER EVER take an OTA update.. was I vague on that?
3rd June 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman625

In all likelyhood you have lost root, I believe that update also updates the bootloader. Download a root checker from the playstore and see if you still have root, if you don't you will have to start all over again. Your OTA was very likely not a rooted rom.

NEVER EVER EVER take an OTA update.. was I vague on that?

Sorry, been a while since I checked back. They were actually correct, I still had root, but for whatever reason it didn't work until I added a custom recovery. Soon as I flashed the custom recovery, bam, it all worked again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
weaksauce
Previous Thread Next Thread