Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

KitKat flashlight toggle

OP DevilDog512

2nd June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #11  
DevilDog512's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 518
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwarrior

Is this for the sprint version? If it is can we get it working with the lastest nc5 update?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It worked on the sprint version. Haven't tried it on nc5. Make a backup and try it. You can always revert back to your backup if it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #12  
Androidwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512

It worked on the sprint version. Haven't tried it on nc5. Make a backup and try it. You can always revert back to your backup if it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I flashed it, works but it did make a couple of changes that are not for sprint. Like the updates, profile, prl , etc is not there anymore and no where to be found. 4g icon is completely different. Not sure if a moderator knows hows to make it completely compatible for the sprint variant.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Androidwarrior; 2nd June 2014 at 11:45 PM.
2nd June 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #13  
DevilDog512's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 518
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwarrior

I flashed it, works but it did make a couple of changes that are not for sprint. Like the updates, profile, prl , etc is not there anymore and no where to be found. 4g icon is completely different. Not sure if a moderator knows hows to make it completely compatible for the sprint variant.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If I can recall correctly this is because it uses a different systemui. You can look around and try to find different method. There are others but this was the only easy flashable way I found. It's been a few months so no telling what is out now. Most of the sprint roms include the flashlight toggle anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #14  
Androidwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512

If I can recall correctly this is because it uses a different systemui. You can look around and try to find different method. There are others but this was the only easy flashable way I found. It's been a few months so no telling what is out now. Most of the sprint roms include the flashlight toggle anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I looked everywhere and can't seem to find it for nc5 on sprint. If i had the knowledge i would definitely do it but I'm such a noob.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Androidwarrior; 3rd June 2014 at 02:25 AM.
3rd June 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #15  
Androidwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Does anyone have the knowledge and know how to update these files for the lastest nc5 update? Thanks ahead.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes