Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat flashlight toggle

Tip us?

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwarrior View Post
Is this for the sprint version? If it is can we get it working with the lastest nc5 update?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It worked on the sprint version. Haven't tried it on nc5. Make a backup and try it. You can always revert back to your backup if it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Androidwarrior
Old
(Last edited by Androidwarrior; 2nd June 2014 at 10:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512 View Post
It worked on the sprint version. Haven't tried it on nc5. Make a backup and try it. You can always revert back to your backup if it doesn't work.

I flashed it, works but it did make a couple of changes that are not for sprint. Like the updates, profile, prl , etc is not there anymore and no where to be found. 4g icon is completely different. Not sure if a moderator knows hows to make it completely compatible for the sprint variant.

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwarrior View Post
I flashed it, works but it did make a couple of changes that are not for sprint. Like the updates, profile, prl , etc is not there anymore and no where to be found. 4g icon is completely different. Not sure if a moderator knows hows to make it completely compatible for the sprint variant.

If I can recall correctly this is because it uses a different systemui. You can look around and try to find different method. There are others but this was the only easy flashable way I found. It's been a few months so no telling what is out now. Most of the sprint roms include the flashlight toggle anyway.

Androidwarrior
Old
(Last edited by Androidwarrior; 3rd June 2014 at 01:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512 View Post
If I can recall correctly this is because it uses a different systemui. You can look around and try to find different method. There are others but this was the only easy flashable way I found. It's been a few months so no telling what is out now. Most of the sprint roms include the flashlight toggle anyway.

I looked everywhere and can't seem to find it for nc5 on sprint. If i had the knowledge i would definitely do it but I'm such a noob.

Androidwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Does anyone have the knowledge and know how to update these files for the lastest nc5 update? Thanks ahead.