Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which rugged case?
Ballistic 3 50.00%
Otterbox 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Rugged case to last longer than moto g

Tip us?

aben.dc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Rugged case to last longer than moto g

Been reading around here and reviews everywhere but cant really trust most of them so I created this thread

I'm basically looking for tough/rugged case and at the moment I can only find 2 contenders

Ballistic https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop...h-jacket-maxx/

or

Otterbox http://www.otterbox.com/Defender-Ser...a-moto-g-cases

looking for feedback from current owners, suggestion/feedback are welcome

thanks,
aben

jikobutsu
Old
(Last edited by jikobutsu; 25th May 2014 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I got the trident case, perfect fit, buttons work as good as without case, rock solid case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trident-Seri...g+trident+case

I did add tempered glass to the mix though, but hey 30 on protection is cheaper than paying 100 for a new 8Gb Moto G right.

Edit: Out of the two you have listed I would say protection wise, the ballistic is a better choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to jikobutsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aben.dc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I also have a trident aegis case installed in my mega 5.8 and im happy with it.

Looking at this 2 cos this came with holster which I need moto g can hung on my waist which I cant do with my mega due to its size but I will still keep it as secondary phone

Anyone can give feedback with how tough the holster of these?
The Following User Says Thank You to aben.dc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BarnOwl
Old
(Last edited by BarnOwl; 27th May 2014 at 08:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Neither of those two.

I doubted if I would take the Trident, but eventually took the black and white Dual Pro Hybrid Case from Incipio............saved the phone a few times now......................
Jeroen
------------------
Motorola Moto G 16G Black Root 4.4 Stock + Xposed Gravity Box + Xposed GEL Settings
(Previous devices: XDA, MDA I, II and III,HTC, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy SIII etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to BarnOwl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slaiyen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've got the Otterbox Commuter for mine, it's pretty solid and fits the phone almost perfect the only nag is the little flap for the micro USB port doesnt quite close entirely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slaiyen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ballistic, case, moto g, otterbox, rugged