Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Honeycomb 3.2.1 Launcher [WIP]

Tip us?

karea12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Lightbulb Honeycomb 3.2.1 Launcher [WIP]

Hello. First, let me talk about my obcessin for this wonderfull piece of magic called Honeycomb Launcher..
IMO it was the coolest launcher ever made by google, with that 'APPS' and ' + ' button at top, dizzy animations to change wallpaper and enter in the app-drawer.
So I started a project, to port it for our Notes ^---^

I grabbed a 'launcher2.apk' from my xoom 3.2.1 honeycomb stock room and decompiled it without dependencies.
I'm having a hard timing figuring how to port it, just because I know nothing about this. But every help will be apreciated.
When i arrive at home I'll provide some screenshots and files that I'm using.

'Launcher2.apk' itself from my old rom will not install itself. If you force it on sys folder on note, you'll see that it is listed as a Launcher in Home chooser, but when you try to open it, it'll force close in your face.

Every little piece of help will be apreciated, and if someone, by a miracle, wants to do the job, it'll be blessed by my 'thanks' in every single action in their life.

So, albeit I'm in my job, I'll post some screenshots of HC launcher from stock rom. It looks like this, and this, and this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karea12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josephnero
Old
Thanks Meter 503
back in days i really loved the color scheme of Honey comb.brings back memories.it looked plain awesome
Galaxy S4 9505

willjohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnero View Post
back in days i really loved the color scheme of Honey comb.brings back memories.it looked plain awesome
Me too, still my favorite stock theme of all time. Wish more themes were made with its status bar icons.The clock font is still what i use in my widgets also.
Goodbye Verizon, hello unlocked wonderfulness.
The Following User Says Thank You to willjohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 411
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mSyndicate.HCL

what about this.. does that work ??
ROM: RomMIX_byRush v5.5
Kernel: DreamKernel 2.7.2