Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: Bricked My Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070

Tip us?

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginzon View Post
Well but they didn't mention we can do that with stock recovery so not sure about it..

Can you help me with CWM recovery if there's any for this phone, I found a temporary one but don't know it would be helpful or no... I've used CWM earlier on a phone...

CoCore if is hassle free then will go with that.. Coz another run dunno how it would turn out to be...
Yes, with CoCore you will get CMW, permanent one.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
OK thx.. will try it out...

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Flashed Stock ROM and CoCore Kernel Successfully... Charging the phone now its hardly 15%.. Then Custom ROM...

Thx a lot guys..

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have installed the ehndroix v ROM... They have Superuser built in, so no need for SuperSU.. Thats good..

Now when I use Titanium BackUp, it says the su binary is outdated.. So where to get the new su binary from? how to confirm what version it is and how to update? I know Superuser is not into this, its just a management tool.. So how do I get about it?

Thx in advance

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
I have installed the ehndroix v ROM... They have Superuser built in, so no need for SuperSU.. Thats good..

Now when I use Titanium BackUp, it says the su binary is outdated.. So where to get the new su binary from? how to confirm what version it is and how to update? I know Superuser is not into this, its just a management tool.. So how do I get about it?

Thx in advance
If TB is working then no need to update it...
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok Thx.. Yes it seems to work.. Like it verified the backups and restored it too.. atleast it started the installer and I did install..

BTW seems all the features I use are working n this Firmware.. However is there a better option than Nova Launcher, I tried GoLauncher but didn't like it much compared to Nova....

Also I found FM Radio missing in this firmware and also the default Music app.. I installed default Music one from F-Droid and also one from PlayStore but where do I get a tuned in Radio? All are internet based... Spirit FM is very expensive... Can you help me to find the stock one for this...
Thx in Advance..

One Learning, since I'm new to Android (correct me if wrong), Dalvik cache can be cleared at will if you want to force android to rebuilt the apps cache for faster loading.. Right?

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
Ok Thx.. Yes it seems to work.. Like it verified the backups and restored it too.. atleast it started the installer and I did install..

BTW seems all the features I use are working n this Firmware.. However is there a better option than Nova Launcher, I tried GoLauncher but didn't like it much compared to Nova....

Also I found FM Radio missing in this firmware and also the default Music app.. I installed default Music one from F-Droid and also one from PlayStore but where do I get a tuned in Radio? All are internet based... Spirit FM is very expensive... Can you help me to find the stock one for this...
Thx in Advance..

One Learning, since I'm new to Android (correct me if wrong), Dalvik cache can be cleared at will if you want to force android to rebuilt the apps cache for faster loading.. Right?

There is no other FM radio for CM based ROMs. Only Spirit FB, and there is free version too. Look on XDA for developers thread.

You can clear Dalvik cache, and it will rebuild after reboot. But there is cache already, so I think it will not speed up loading more.

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok so guess, won't be doing the wipe frequently...
Will search xda for Spirit Free...

Last question:
Which launcher do you suggest?

Thx..

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
Ok so guess, won't be doing the wipe frequently...
Will search xda for Spirit Free...

Last question:
Which launcher do you suggest?

Thx..
I use NOVA.

ginzon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks a lot..

Tags
bricked, odin, s advance, twrp