Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I am lost..

Tip us?
 
brewy
Old
#11  
brewy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 801
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: newcastle
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestory101 View Post
factory reset will format /sdcard or not?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
Mfastboot wipes everything

Sent from my Moto G using xda premium
 
chairsz
Old
#12  
chairsz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 207
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: halifax
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewy View Post
Mfastboot wipes everything

Sent from my Moto G using xda premium
I faced a similar issue and i have found a answer another user gave me after countless "did you wipe this/ DID YOU WIPE THAT? responses"

what i did was i downgraded to JB 4.3 img ad once i flashed that and it booted up and flashed the philz edition cwm and then i was able to insatll a custom rom.

before this i was on stck 4.4.2 and NO custom rom booted past bootlogo until this solution.

btw i donwgraded to 4.3 in fastboot and flashed custom rom in cmw.
Current phone:
Motorola Moto G aka The Pimpmeister! 8 gb Single sim version x1032 with a 16GB micro usb flash-drive main squeeze
Rogers Kanada
Rooted with Xperience custom rom, and philz touch CWM...
Current tabby:
DELL VENUE 8 3830..4.3..stock everything and smooooth.

previous devices
samsung galaxy s2 LTE i727R.. Finally bit the dust..
Samsung galaxy gio
LG Optimus one
LG optimus L5
HTC wildfire S.
Asus MeMo pad HD 8 and Memopad HD 7
HP Slate 7 Plus 4200ca
 
Bert98
Old
#13  
Bert98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 196
Posts: 730
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sant'Urbano (PD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairsz View Post
I faced a similar issue and i have found a answer another user gave me after countless "did you wipe this/ DID YOU WIPE THAT? responses"

what i did was i downgraded to JB 4.3 img ad once i flashed that and it booted up and flashed the philz edition cwm and then i was able to insatll a custom rom.

before this i was on stck 4.4.2 and NO custom rom booted past bootlogo until this solution.

btw i donwgraded to 4.3 in fastboot and flashed custom rom in cmw.
When you downgraded to JB did you also wipe the internal SD or did you just flash system and kernel via fastboot?

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.5 Beta 2
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.5 Beta 2
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid
 
chairsz
Old
#14  
chairsz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 207
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: halifax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert98 View Post
When you downgraded to JB did you also wipe the internal SD or did you just flash system and kernel via fastboot?

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
i erased everything
Current phone:
Motorola Moto G aka The Pimpmeister! 8 gb Single sim version x1032 with a 16GB micro usb flash-drive main squeeze
Rogers Kanada
Rooted with Xperience custom rom, and philz touch CWM...
Current tabby:
DELL VENUE 8 3830..4.3..stock everything and smooooth.

previous devices
samsung galaxy s2 LTE i727R.. Finally bit the dust..
Samsung galaxy gio
LG Optimus one
LG optimus L5
HTC wildfire S.
Asus MeMo pad HD 8 and Memopad HD 7
HP Slate 7 Plus 4200ca
The Following User Says Thank You to chairsz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bert98
Old
#15  
Bert98's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 196
Posts: 730
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sant'Urbano (PD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairsz View Post
i erased everything
Aw crap thanks

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.5 Beta 2
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.5 Beta 2
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more